[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanting to start a business.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Starting a business..jpg (313KB, 3466x2185px) Image search: [Google]
Starting a business..jpg
313KB, 3466x2185px
I've been contemplating on starting a business. Any tips on what I should go into, or how to even get started?

Maybe I should just join a steady/functioning business and work my way up the ladder. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
I'm not a business owner myself but I would suggest taking something you are passionate about and thinking "how could I make money with this?" It sounds like you are thinking "I want to make a lot of money, what business can I start to do that?" If you are very motivated this could work but you probably wouldn't be happy for a long time.
>>
>>1425213
Pretty much this >>1425266
>>
Starting your own business, and building it up to be successful takes a long time.

Buying an already running business is a better idea.
Thats what I'm looking to do at least.

The biggest difficulty I'm facing so far is securing a loan.
>>
Read books first, and lots of them. Start with The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco.
>>
>>1426948
Generally speaking, this is a better idea. However, some businesses are better off started from the ground up--notably creative based businesses.

As far as securing a loan is concerned, you should be able to secure an SBA 7(a) loan. However, as with any loan these days, it'll be demanded that you put 20-30% down into the business which will likely bring you back to square 1 right? It's unfortunate but you've already got to have a lot of money to take advantage of what few opportunities there are in America these days.
>>
I once heard that you should only start a business if you can't *not* do it, if that makes sense. As in, you should only do it if you are convinced that the world needs and/or would greatly benefit from this company existing, and it needs to be you who makes it happen at this particular time. The reasoning being that starting a company is extremely painful most of the time, and most likely it will fail, and supposedly only if you're doing it for a higher motive will you be able to withstand the pain and succeed. In other words, you shouldn't do it for the money because there are other ways to earn money that are much less exhausting and more likely to succeed, and you are best served creating a company on the basis of wanting to improve the world.

I should also mention that this was said in regards to starting tech companies in particular at a seminar at Stanford, and I believe it was said by either Sam Altman or Peter Thiel, both silicon valley guys. It might not apply to starting a chain of brick-and-mortar businesses or online businesses; in fact I would argue it doesn't.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.