[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazon Prime vs Netflix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 51117B9VzxL._SX940_.jpg (104KB, 1101x361px) Image search: [Google]
51117B9VzxL._SX940_.jpg
104KB, 1101x361px
Why can't Amazon compete?
>>
>>1424767
Because they took an IP that was already there in book form, made it worse, then made it a TV show. Netflix shot something original in an (arguably) original way.
>>
>>1424807
Also content. Netflix seems to have so much more. That said I'm a Netflix investor but don't subscribe yet. I have prime for the shipping. Though that is probably getting cancelled next month.
>>
Amazon keep putting all their content eggs in one nest. They have very few exclusive series on their website. The Man In The High Castle is pretty much the only unique Amazon show.

Netflix are throwing out as much as they can and seeing what sticks. But they're not doing it blindly, either. They're listening to demand and responding to it, such as running Marvel TV shows.
Plus, Netflix just struck gold earlier. They had the best streaming service early in the game, giving them the name. Their brand name has become a commonly used verb, which pretty much fucks over any competition (For example, the search engine market is so skewed towards Google, and part of that is because we refer to searching on the internet as "googling". That word is in the fucking dictionary now).
>>
>>1425121
Most of Amazon's money is in their AWS system.

Even the feds are using it.
>>
>>1424767

the whole "netflix and chill" meme was crypto advertising. I have literally no proof of this though
>>
>>1427568
Why do you suspect this?
>>
>>1424807
Stranger Things is a big fat fucking homage to Spielberg's E.T and Stephen King's town-where-weird-shit-happens.
>>
>>1427568
This. I agree with you, anon. Nonetheless I think it was the Internet that started it as a joke and Netflix just jumped at the opportunity.
>>
>>1424767
Netflix is purely media.
Amazon has yet to shed the "Amazon? You mean the eBay ripoff?" perception.
>>
>>1428846

Amazon isn't an eBay ripoff. It was well known as an amazingly innovative online bookseller long before it expanded into other product areas, and they would have been fucking stupid not to do so.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.