[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not adopt a child for tax purposes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: CHILD.jpg (7KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
CHILD.jpg
7KB, 300x196px
If you are making six figures, is there a good reason not to adopt a teenage child for tax purposes?

You get access to tax credits (Child Tax Credit), Tax Deductions (dependent care deductions, additional dependent for standard deduction, additional exemption for calculations), and the potential for exponential tax savings if they end up going to college financed with loans and give you their 1098-t forms to deduct all those juicy tuition and fee expenses.

We're talking 4 or 5 digits of tax savings for every year of college, plus a buttload of credits while they are in high school, and if you go the foster route the state will even pay you.

Usually if you are making six figures you already have a 2+ bedroom place and a second car, why not give them to some teenage kid and let them share your oatmeal and poptarts?

>MFW I might actually do this...
>>
>>1423383
Children are only an asset if you can leverage them for higher welfare payments or if they grow to be successful enough that you can guilt trip them into funding your retirement.
>>
It will NEVER come out to be a net positive, and you'll just be left raising someone else's kid.
>>
thats cucked
>>
>>1423394
The vast majority of the costs of raising a child are housing and care. I already have those in excess, and the marginal costs of additional food, clothing and transportation pale in comparison to the tax savings. Plus, teenagers don't absolutely need supervision, just access to basic guidance.

Probably also a good idea not to pick a pothead or underage drinking paint huffer.
>>
>>1423427
Sounds like you've really thought it through. I look forward to reading about how some emotionally distant teenager slit your throat, hate-fucked your trachea, and provided time stamped pictures of a sharpie in your ass for /b/.
>>
>>1423427
They all have issues. Sorry to break it to you. Better off adopting infants
>>
>>1423383
>a pedo tries to come up with a justifiable way to adopt a child using income as an excuse

Go fuck yourself, you would spend more money on that child than any amount of tax would save, so taxes should NOT even come into your equation.
>>
Raise another man's child? Disgusting, thats only for beta cucks.
>>
>>1423383
>saving money with (((deductions)))
Oh vey good goy spend $150k to send your child to study liberal arts and get a $30k tax return!
>>
>>1423427
>adopting teenagers
They have severe mental disorders quite frequently because of near constant abuse, and neglect. Retraining someone who has been conditioned in a shithole environment is not a simple task. They are often violent, and have no concept of discipline or long term planning, as well as frequently being substantially behind on education from moving around constantly or playing hooky (since they were never punished for it).

>Adopting at all
Intelligence is heavily hereditary, so your odds of getting a kid worth a damn are pretty low, since smart people tend not to need to put their kids up for adoption. Not saying you can't train a kid to be disciplined and mildly successful, but that takes serious effort. No effort in means the kid probably won't go to college, so you'd lose your incentives right off the bat. For the effort required to actually do it correctly and get decent deductions, you'd be better of picking up some job on the side and just earning more money.

If you are going to adopt, financial benefits should not be on the list of reasons to do so.
>>
i am 16, adopt me.
>>
>>1425417
>adopting someone posting on 4chan.

You're already a lost cause. Not worth the shekels.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.