[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is AAPL finished?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (1MB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1024x896px
iPhone 7 is confirmed for using old tech and offering nothing new other than a recessed camera lens (so essentially going back to the iPhone 5 design)

I new when Steve Jobs passed it was only a matter of time before Apple started to falter

Time to offload my shares?
>>
Apple will never die
>>
only morons think apple is dead

and all you've seen is the shell.
>>
>>1422805
I dislike Apple because they're patent trolls, so I've never bought any. But Warren Buffet's company just bought a bunch (the first tech stock they've ever purchased in a big way). So make of that what you will.
>>
>>1422866
They haven't had an innovative product in almost half a decade now
>>
>>1422870
>Warren Buffet's company
Key word: company. Buffet didn't.
>>
>>1422805
How demeaning to know that you got a job even though you didn't earn it.
>>
You stupid fuck. Didn't you hear the news. iPhone 7 will have a 3D fucking camera for better Pokemon go interfacing - game changer my niggers game changer.
>>
>>1422805
iPhone 7...

Just

Literally what is the difference

It's the exact same fucking phone
>>
>>1422805
If you have to ask then youre retarded. Of course there wont be any revolutionary changes this year. Theyll ditch the lightning port. This phone will be panned as bland and boring. Next year for the 10 year aniversarry apple will release a phone with about 15 new features and the world will suck its dick again. All hail iphone x
>>
>literally a /g/-tier discussion
I expected better from you, /biz/
>>
>>1424162
Every phone company does this. I never understand why counterculture neet faggots use this as their apple cryptonite. Welcome to mass manufactured consumerism. Slight changes in small increments is profitable. Wow who knew
>>
>>1424176
Sorry i meant ditch the headphone jack
>>
>>1424181
I understand this, but Apple's shit is so expensive that even the naive normie won't pay this much for the same phone

They could at least make it LOOK slightly different
>>
>>1424197
No worse than a new galaxy. Ya there are cheaper phones in existence if thats your point
>>
>>1424197
The Galaxy S7 - that other popular phone normies love - costs exactly the same as a 6s in the US, and is actually £30 more expensive in the UK. Yet it has done exceptionally well, despite offering nothing besides better performance (and the reintroduction of features that existed in the company's flagship 3 years ago).
>>
>>1424099
>built in fingerprint detector

not very innovative outside of portable tech but it was pretty groundbreaking, not to mention immortalizing the iPhone 5s design
>>
File: 1281304611394.jpg (28KB, 242x243px) Image search: [Google]
1281304611394.jpg
28KB, 242x243px
>Inclusion & Diversity

I get douchechills when I think about the people coming up with this forced virtue signaling crap (and getting paid for it). Does this shit net companies any goodwill or what's the plan. Google does the same, they now have a diversity chief.
>>
>>1424355
Literally none of the senior management wants it, which is why all SVPs and C*Os are still white (inb4 >wops >white). Apple's half-assed diversity push is the result of a compromise struck between Tim Cook and Jesse Jackson a year ago, when Jackson (a shareholder) threatened to raise a stink in the media about Apple discriminating against black people.
>>
>>1422805

>implying the actual technology matters
>implying the actual technology has ever mattered
>implying fanboys wont buy it anyway because its a new Apple thing
>implying companies wont buy it because they automatically just buy the latest one
>>
>>1424147

Are you retarded? You think they add iPhone features based on 3 week old 3rd party apps? How fucking stupid does someone have to be to think this?
>>
>>1422805
Varied perspectives on why Hillary is the most qualified presidential candidate in history and never did anything wrong, maybe.
>>
>>1424410
I hate their shit too but you can't argue that apple brought new tech to the masses. That is how they made their money.
>>
>>1422805

The company died with Jobs.

But I wanna see what happens with this car idea though...
>>
Although I hate Apple with a passion and think people who own it are tech-brain-dead, you have to admit they have a seriously powerful user base. It doesn't take long to find the stats, that Apple app store users spend 9x more on app purchases than android users. Thats some serious swinging power, and they also have apple TV coming out soon which will unlock a SERIOUS new channel for monetization.

I think they are priced exactly where they should be though, they are going to stick around, but they've had 3 HUGE legal losses in China and their stock price reflects that. Their strongest market is now pretty much gone, and they lost pretty much the rest of the developing world to Huawei/Xiaomi/Samsung but despite all that, they do still have a future in the US
>>
>>1424410
You only get away with that for so long though in a competitive market.
>>
>>1424751
Sell me a better phone einstien
>>
>>1424764
Its been about a decade nigger
>>
>>1422805
>Look here's a nigger woman, aren't we great? now buy some iShit
>>
Apple iPhone is the next BlackBerry.

>paradigm changing new mobile technology
>enjoy period as a status symbol
>stagnant innovation and high prices
>the downfall begins

A new technology could speed up the downfall, like the iPhone sped up BlackBerry's.

Apple are totally fucked without Jobs imo. But the death will be slow from lack of innovation rather than catastrophic bad decisions.
>>
>>1424213
I paid €300 for my Huawei P8 and I'm pretty happy with it. Would pay twice the price for a Galaxy S7.

>>1425407
Apple is a fashion company, is becoming a media conglomerate, and will be a car maker.

Also they have more than $200 billion in cash, unlike other failed companies.

Apple looks more like Sony in the 90s. They're too diversified and rich to fall instantly if new tech happens.
>>
>>1424099

nearly all of their product cycles are long overdue and many of the big players are being upgraded for this fall.

the stock slumped, and then it was undervalued - it's up 15% in a month and is going to shoot up bigly a week before announcements, and possibly after.

at that point, it will probably become overvalued, but who cares? make the money while the shares are still somewhat cheap.
>>
>media hyped PCs (they were at least pretending with Motorola processors)
>media hyped mp3 players
>media hyped touch phones

How long will future generations buy into the marketing shit that genx and boomers choked on?

>Hey kids, U2 is cool right? How about more dancing ear bud ads with U2 playing?

If millenials save AAPL, then they truly are the greatest cuckeration
>>
>>1426219
Sorry I forgot
>media hyped, overpriced tablets even diehard AAPL fanboys don't know what to do with
>>
Nothing more diverse than a black woman.
>>
>>1424104
>investing as an individual when you can offload all liability onto a company and get tax benefits because of it
Stay poor.
>>
>>1424147
3d camera was on the evo years ago and it was stupid even then.
>>
>>1422805

First posts said it.
Apple might resell iphone 5 in a different box and call it iphine x and people will buy it. It's a status symbol, not a gadget at this point.
i live in a country with minimum montly wage of 300 euros/month, when Iphone 6 appeared here it was priced at 999 euros. Mind you that wasn't iphone 6 plus yet, just a base model with 16gb.
What do you know, there were people standing in lines to buy it. I've heard about people who were giving their monthly paycheck to buy a smartphone (with loans and/or lease). I wish i made that up. People are buying them to show off, they want to look successful.
As long as there are people like that your investment is safe.
>>
>>1426378
This. Phones are the major item poor people love to flash: to let people think they're rich, and to feel rich themselves.

That's because it's much more useful and durable than premium clothes or bags (stuff poor people love to have, too), while being much more expensive.

As long there is no more important '"must-have" luxury item for poor people, the iPhone will be good. (Apple tried to create a similar market with their watch, but the concept was poorly executed, so smartphones remain #1.)

What's even better is how Samsung (the most soulless, generic and non-premium company ever) succeeded in marketing its phones as "luxury" must-haves too.
>>
>>1424515
Yeah, years ago they did new shit. Nowadays they only do the same shit as everyone else, only worse.
>>
>>1426378
>Apple might resell iphone 5 in a different box and call it iphine x and people will buy it. It's a status symbol, not a gadget at this point.

They've already done that, they called it the Iphone SE.
>>
How are phone companies still is business? For fuck's sake, they've been the same shit for 4 years now. Wow, higher resolution and a better camera. Like I'll need that to post while pooping or watch movies with hdmi out. My Galaxy S4 is doing just fine thank you very much.
>>
>>1426445
People buy them for status.

After several years your phone becomes less efficient (slow browsing, weak battery...) and lots of things aren't compatible nor upgradeable.
>>
>>1425407
this is why I hate /biz/ fucking uneducated neets spewing misinformation. i dont know why i keep coming back. this is one of the worst boards on 4chan
>>
to everyone in this thread bashing apple phones for being all style and overpriced - sell me a better phone for less
>>
>>1426428
>why arnt there technological breakthrus every day
idk man scientists are so fucking lazy
>>
>>1426480
The S7 is cheaper than the 6S mate.
>>
>>1422870
idea patenting would have made america twice as rich as it is now
>>
>>1426480
Many Android phones are technically better, but you may not like the user experience.

Personally I like Macs despite their "inferiority", because it's much more pleasant than doing stuff with Windows (inb4 Linux).
>>
>>1426480
Vernee Apollo Lite

eight times cheaper
>>
>>1426486
no its not m8
>>
>>1426490
>Vernee Apollo Lite
better camera worse everything else
>>
>>1426506
Sucks to live in whatever backwards shithole you do then lad.
>>
>>1426540
feels pretty good to be an american actually
brand new iphone 6s 550 us dollars. s7 not significantly cheaper than that
>>
>>1426551
>not significantly cheaper than

So it is cheaper then. You could of just saved some time and said I was right originally.
>>
>>1426569
youre an idiot. youre not finding a new s7 under 500 at any major retailer. i didnt even find one for 550 on google
>>
>>1426569
>could of
neck yourself
>>
>>1422870
And yet the loss a shitload after the stocks plummeted not long after they bought it. Just because commie Warren Buffet's compnie bought something doesn't mean jack shit.
>>
>thinking Apple is over

Hello normie. You're clearly too dumb to know that a company like Apple has a product roadmap about 10-15 years into the future at any one time, so the Steve Jobs meme isn't applicable here. Apple fucked up quite a few times while Steve was CEO, he wasn't perfect.

Look at their patents, another thing normies don't even know about. If you're not an idiot you'll realize that Apple patents take about 5 years at the very least before they come into a product. Who remembers the patent which gave birth to the ForceTouch trackpad which is objectively better than any other laptop trackpad's clicking mechanism? For the past few years they've been making some real futuristic patents, like screens which can develop texture temporarily for keyboard feeling , TouchID build into a display, and much more. No other tech company is doing R&D anywhere near Apple's, that is why they will continue winning.

In short, you have no idea what you're involved in and should probably sell shares of shit you don't understand.
>>
>>1426480
bedbathandbeyond dot wasvcs dot com dash catalog dash list

Replace dot with . And dash with /

Free GS6 for free with a 2 year contract, m8, or the S5 which I have and after 2 years works great and has good battery life.
>>
>>1426378
>>1426404

>all these people stuck in 2009 thinking Apple shit is a 'status symbol'

This is how you can tell the 3rd world posters. 3rd worlders are extremely pathetic and materialistic. In my time in Egypt, having a fucking iPod was a status symbol, people would look at you in the street for having one and actually approach you asking how much it was. Later with the emergence of the smartphone and even premium dumbphones before them, I had people coming up to me asking questions about it.

Here in the developed UK, an iPhone is fucking normie tier, you can't get any more average than an iPhone, people are on 2 year plans with a new phone each year, its basically handed to them. Its not a fucking status symbol you retarded Pajeets. Nor is it even expensive compared to flagship Android phones, considering that Apple only makes 1 basic line of phones at a time, running THEIR OWN custom OS for EACH hardware configuration, they can price it however the fuck they like because nobody else is doing the same at Apple's level. Your Samsung Nebula Constellation XXtr3me hexa-core 8GB 2560x1880 5.8" running Pajdroid is a shit user experience after 1 year. Its all about the user experience.
>>
>>1426623
>free with 2 year contract
sounds like several thousand dollars m8
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 1440x810px
The stock has been flat for four years. Why is the company increasing debt (they have like the 2nd most debt of any company). Buybacks do not create value. AAPL is IBM 2.0.
>>
Sorry I like class and reliability. Apple products just are a better choice for higher tier wealth oriented customers.
>>
>>1426632
I was talking about the mindset of poor people m8.

Coincidentally, these poor people are often imported from glorious third world countries like Pakistan, Algeria or Ghana.
>>
>>1426918
(you)
>>
I sell phones for a job in the based UK, I work for O2.

The S7 was originally priced higher than the 6S, but now, everything else being equal, 6S sells for £5 a month more than the S7.

The Samsung Note7 will be a better phone, but I guarantee they'll be begging everyone who works for us to do overtime when the iphone 7 comes out.
>>
I recently bought more AAPL at $95 in May since it's decently cheap.

Very rough valuation breakdown:

Net cash $150-160 billion. Let's say this is worth $100 billion after tax.

Services business that takes in $24 billion annually and growing at ~20%. This is about as much revenue and projected growth that Facebook has right now, which is valued at $360 billion in market cap with $22 billion in revenue.

Let's assume a net profit margin of ~20-21% for Apple services (comparable to 22% for the company overall, even though this includes hardware) and say that Apple gets $5 billion annual profits from its services segment. Applying a lower multiple of 26x current earnings (in comparison to FB 60x earnings and GOOG's 30x earnings), a conservative estimate of the worth of Apple's services business alone is $130 billion.

From Apple's current $580 billion market cap, that means the rest of Apple's business is valued at 580-100-130=$350 billion in return for current annual profits of just over $40 billion ex-services, or between 8 and 9x P/E. Some discount is warranted for the risks of the hardware tech market, but less than half the P/E of the overall stock market seems too much for products with as strong a brand and profit margins as Apple. A 13x multiple for this part of the company seems about right, leaving a current overall fair company value of $750 billion or $140/share. A 15x multiple would get you to ~$800 billion or $150/share.

Given that iPhone 7 should provide a modest boost over 6S and next year's 10th anniversary phone in particular should be a monster hit, I think AAPL stock has a good chance of turning out well in the next two years.
>>
>>1427488
This. Iphone x will bring out new tech. The 7 will be boring because theyre saving goodies for 2017
>>
>>1427488
Just know that it's really only worth about $110 so don't expect crazy profits. That's not to say it won't trade above $110 but you shouldn't hold past $110 in my opinion.
>>
>>1427585
I think that in the long term, Apple is trying to become more like Microsoft and Google and rely more on ecosystem and less on phones.

>>1427602
As I pointed out, a $110 price values the entire Apple business besides services at 9x P/E, which is probably too low.

At that valuation I'm willing to continue sitting on it.
>>
>>1426171
>apple is a fashion company
They sell status symbols. BlackBerry's used to be status symbols too.

>media conglomerate
They provide services to consumers that are analogous to the services BlackBerry provided to business

>they have more than $200B in the bank
BlackBerry had heaps in the bank. They have been losing money for years and still have money in the bank. They've traded below book value for a while now.

>too diversified and rich to fall instantly
That's what I said. BlackBerry's hung around for ages

Obviously it's not a perfect analogy and it's on a much bigger scale but there are definitely some parallels. Also I'm talking mainly about the iPhone business, not necessarily the company as a whole. They can become a car company or focus more on selling media (BlackBerry is dropping it's phone building to focus on its business services and is looking speculatively at internet of things and in car systems)

>>1426475
Hey, salty faggot. Lots of people enjoy 4chan for its relatively diverse and unfiltered opinions. It's not for everyone. You might like reddit.com/r/apple
>>
>>1428080
>misinformation is just diverse opinions
Holy shit kill yourself
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.