[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I buy a suit for business? What colors and materials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Suitcourt.jpg (60KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Suitcourt.jpg
60KB, 500x333px
Where do I buy a suit for business? What colors and materials are the most business appropriate?

>go to /fa/
I don't want a fashion suit, I want a business suit
>>
>>1421948
I got a full suit at JC Penny (shirt, pants, jacket) for 89 dollars after a coupon. It looks pretty damn nice too.

Depends on how nice you need your shit to look, I'm a fisheries biologist so I just have to put on some dumb piece of shit once a year for a conference and everyone at the conference looks like a bum because most people there are commercial dudes.
>>
>>1421948
Grey or blue suit, in wool. (The jacket must cover your buttocks entirely, have waist suppression, fit the shoulders, show 0.5 inch of the shirt's cuff, and have the bottom button unbuttoned.)

White or light blue shirt, in cotton (any other light colour is acceptable but more dandified).

Any tie with any reasonable pattern, in silk, not too slim (like the lapels of your jacket).

Black or dark brown oxford shoes (only black in Great Britain), in leather.

Belt should match roughly your shoes; or you can wear braces if your trousers allow it.

A pocket square in silk or linen is always good, in any colour that's not exactly the one of your tie and goes with the rest (white is always safe).

What is your budget, and why buying one suit only?
>>
depends where you live and your budget

gray or navy

wider lapels and wider ties

longer jacket/sleeves/inseam
>>
>>1421987
>>1421968

I live in the southwest, so it's pretty hot here. Budget maybe $300-400.

Only one suit because it's mainly for one day networking things and interviews until I land something concrete, then I'll spring for more.
>>
>>1422016
It's a tight budget if you also have to include shoes, tie, shirt... in the $400.

I guess stores like Uniqlo will have decent stuff.
>>
>>1422016
>$300-400
>Only one suit

I'd say buy a cheap JC Penney suit, and then take it to a tailor to get it properly fitted.

You can get away with a cheap suit as long as it fits well. The tailor is a must. Its the difference between looking like a guy who only wears suits to funerals/interviews, and someone who's /biz/.
>>
>>1422038
I have shoes though they're oxblood colored.
>>
$170 per suit. I used to buy expensive suits but it's waste of money.
>>
>>1422040
>take it to a tailor to get it properly fitted

Most important.

I'd take a tailored goodwill suit over an expensive one that does not fit properly.
>>
Wtf is a 'business suit' vs a 'fashion suit'?

Retard, they're the same thing, except one of them looks good, one looks terrible.
>>
almost anywhere they sell clothes.
>>
>>1421948
Suitsupply is great

Get a nice one for like $500
>>
>>1422187
No, these are two different concepts that appeal to two different types of buyers.

Don't be a moron.

>>1422193
Yeah, they're great. Boggi has the same quality-price ratio, with a more subdued style (Suitsupply is a replica of the Tom Ford style).
>>
I say this in every suit thread.

Fucking Joseph A Bank.

Great suits. Great price. And they will tailor them exactly to you so they fit great.

I have a $3,000 suit, and I like my $300 from Joseph A Bank more. True story.
>>
>>1422040
That's what I did, got the 89 dollar suit at penny and then went to this old granny tailor and she fitted it for 20 bucks. I don't know how involved the tailoring shit gets, but, she made the pants right at the bottom and then made the bottom of the jacket tighter because i have broad shoulders and i look like a box with regular jackets that aren't taken in.
>>
J crew ludlow
Suitsupply
Ralph Lauren Black Label
Hugo Boss (but only with a deep discount)

Charcoal, navy blue
Black shoes, balmorals
Black leather belt no novelty buckle

White shirt, white pocket square
No sport watch (nothing full metal, stainless bullshit), get a leather or textile strap. Timex if broke. No casios.

Avoid politician style. Navy suit, red tie, slightly baggy, boring details.
Slim fit is the norm now. Don't go too conservative.
>>
File: hitlers jerk off material.jpg (393KB, 1052x1578px) Image search: [Google]
hitlers jerk off material.jpg
393KB, 1052x1578px
>>1421948

I got my at JC penny.
There was a huge sale on the 4th of july and I got a suit jacket, pants, 2 dress shirts all for about $120. It was a pretty basic black slim suit, but it does look really nice, so I'm fine with it.

If the suit is just for college then you really don't have to go all out. Most of the people in school are broke as shit, so they will probably buy some shitty suit from Express. And it probably won't even fit them well lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.