[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLM Horror Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: MLM-Companies.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MLM-Companies.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
This is frustrating
>GF wants to get into LuLaRoe
>GF makes $5,500 down payment
>GF swears its not a pyramid scheme because there's a product.
>Show GF that it can only be profitable if she sells every piece of clothing (305)
>She says she can sell 305 pieces in a month despite having no sales experience. "If other people can do it, so can I."
>Show GF that it only looks like she's making money.
>Despite $12,000 in revenue, GF only makes $1000 profit if she continues to buy shipments of clothes
>Tell her that she could make $6,500 if she sells first shipment and stops.
>GF says I don't know how to run a business. Says you need to buy and sell.
>Show her that she would need to sell 4 entire shipments (1,220 pieces of clothing) to have $6,500 profit again.
>Tell her that she lives in the backwoods and that simply is not possible.
>GF gets mad at me and says she is already committed.

Anyone else have MLM horror stories?
>>
>>1421753
I know some people who actually are making money doing one thats kinda like soylent. I forget what it's called.

I was very surprised when he's like yeah i quit my job to do this and it actually worked out for him.
>>
>>1421753

> selling something
> ever paying upfront for product

MLM's should be made illegal already.
>>
>>1421753
Anon if you're girlfriend is dumb enough to fall for an MLM scam and refuses to listen to her SO about how it's a scam, you may want to seriously consider breaking up with her because that's not the type of person you would want to marry someday
>>
This girl I went to HS with was pretty normal. Kind of naive, became a dental hygienist, got married. Then she got into some kind of MLM scheme.

All I see on Facebook is her posts peddling MLM crap. Big long paragraphs about how great it is. Shitty photoshops she made of the products with text and her contact info. There'll be dozens of likes/comments talking about how great the products are and how they can buy it. ALL of these people commenting have that same MLM listed as their employer.

It's kind of like a cult. Her old friends seem to have distanced themselves. It looks like she's saturated whats left of her social circle with sells/recruitment, so I can't imagine she's making great steady money with this now. Her husband is an engineer making six figures, so I imagine he's floating everything while she wastes time/money on it.

I've had other friends fall for this stuff, but they eventually get burned and get out of it after a few months.
>>
>>1421976
i have to agree
you should reconsider your relationship with her
>>
>>1421753
I had a girl in my dorm who was going to some Herbalife meeting. I explained her that it's a MLM scheme and that her the entire purpose of the meetings is to make her believe she will be rich if she becomes a costumer of the MLM company.

She says "oh no, I'm just going to listen to what they have to say".

One week later I hear her talk about the "amazing benefits of these new drinks she's been using".

These people just can't be convinced no matter what you say.
>>
>>1421794
>being this retarded
They all say they're making money you dingus. Portraying the illusion of success is exactly what they've been taught to do to gather new "sellers" for their "team".

I would say nobody is actually dumb enough to believe them though, but apparently you are.
>>
Woman are terrible at money management let her fail
>>
>Stupid
>Wastes money
>Dosen't listen to boyfriend
Dump her now
You don't wanna spend your life with her
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 180x180px
>>1421976
>>1421996

agreed too.

i got a gf while studying economics.

couldn't have chosen better.

she spends little, know how to get passive income, don't like to be a wageslave, her dad is a stock trader

it's the american dream bros
>>
>>1422965
I have a m8 who's parents are pretty fucking rich from some energy drink MLM shit, but I think they're actually in management or something.
>>
>>1422999

And dump her.

Seriously you can't be with a bitch that does this with her money. What if you guys get a house and she wants to take out the equity cause Steve told her of a hot new thing.

Move along kid
>>
>>1423514
how do i get grill
instain mother
>>
You're either lying (which I hope) or a weird fuck in a sad relationship.

Letting a girlfriend get mad at you from something she did is mental illness, and it illustrates both how little she respects you and how easily she'd cheat.

I'm picturing a couple of unattractive autists with her wanting more out of life and looking for it in an MLM because she can't get it from you.

Anyway it's obvious you're lying.
>>
>>1421753
What was the indoctrination process for your GF?

I've always wondered how these things managed to sucker people in so. strongly.
I've only ever seen their level of delusion and evangelism matched by religion.
>>
>>1421879
I dunno man. Always pay up front for drugs you intend to sell in case it goes south
>>
>>1423838
They use psychological techniques in much the same way cults do, my bro went to one of these presentation because a colleauge invited him, even tho he realized it was bs right away it still had a pretty big impact on him.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.