[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I study Economics in university if I want to be rich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1469953180263.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469953180263.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
Should I study Economics in university if I want to be rich?
>>
If you want to be an economics teacher yes
>>
>>1420820
Fuck no. You learn economics on your own time, and at most take Micro and Macro at uni, but there's no need to pay to go beyond that. Pick something in STEM for your major.
>>
>>1420820
If you enjoy being a wagekek, then yes you will love it
>>
>>1420820
unless you go for a phd and take finance classes as well, no
>>
>>1421174
This.

I did my undergrad and masters in economics and went on for a PhD in finance.
>>
File: balance_group027001.gif (312KB, 1310x1600px) Image search: [Google]
balance_group027001.gif
312KB, 1310x1600px
>>1420820
>should i pay money to learn information freely available online if i want to make money?

what does your heart tell you?
>>
File: 1469507259816.png (8KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1469507259816.png
8KB, 512x512px
Undergrad Economics is a joke. You don't learn anything that would get an employer to hire you to work with economics, instead you'll just get hired in sales/accounting/finance jobs. Better off going with Statistics, or a hard math. Economics in grad school perhaps. But for a PHD economics is extremely hard to get into, better off getting into Finance PHD if that.
>>
>>1421432
hey man is there a more readable version of the pic you posted i`d like to read it
>>
>>1421432
Anyone have a less shitty pic?
>>
>>1421505
reported
>>
>>1421451
Anecdotal but I knew a guy who did a masters in Econ and he passed CFA Lvl 2 while I failed miserably. He said he didn't have to study the econ sections at all it saved him some time.
>>
>>1420820
No, what you do is just start investing. It's all about who you choose to invest your money. See if you can find out who their clients are, and ask yourself, "will these people be losing money anytime soon"? If the answer is no, they won't be, and you're golden.
>>
OP here
What about computer science?
>>
economics is a good major, go for it

It's versatile and you can work the same jobs as if you'd have done accounting or finance or whatever. Econ is cool, do it
>>
>>1422939
>computer science

It's just a matter of time for the chines to start stealing CS jobs in the US and EU. Because the average Mr. Chen would not like to assemble iPhones for $3/h till the rest of his life.

In a long term CS will become meme and it will stagnate heavily.
>>
OP if you want my life story here it is:

I worked hard in high school and studied AP micro and macro economics on my own my sophomore year and got a grant from my school to take both tests for free because I aced all the practice tests. I got a 5 (out of 5) on micro and a 4 on my macro exams. I took other business related classes in high school in college I majored in Business - Management and minored in Communications. I got a job as a jewelry salesman and worked my way up the corporate ladder all the way to the manager of my branch. I'd eventually like to work in corporate, but I'm happy with my 75k at 28 years old right now.

Basically, if you're already out of high school, just study it on your own, I wouldn't waste my time in university on it.
>>
>>1420820

Become a pharmacist.

It's easy and lucrative.
>>
>>1421484
>>1421493

this.
>>
>>1421493
>>1421484

http://www.wrsc.org/sites/default/files/images/2011/balance_group.gif
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.