[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nerd Retail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: revenge-of-the-nerds.png (120KB, 301x268px) Image search: [Google]
revenge-of-the-nerds.png
120KB, 301x268px
So my wife and I visited a comic book store that also sells a few games and toys, but little more, and my wife was instantly inspired to open something similar in the vacant storefront next door. The rent is cheap and I'm all for this, but we desire to complement, rather than compete with with our comic book-oriented neighbor. There are plenty of retro-used game stores in the area, and another that specializes in vintage toys, so those options are probably out. For our specialty, I can only think that we'd focus solely on selling and renting of card and board games. Is this a good idea? What else?
>>
It's an awful idea. Your target demographic is tiny, rely on their parents for money, and are way more likely to buy anything over the internet. All the other store has to do is carry and underprice whatever you start selling until you're broke.

You and your wife sound like fat, ugly retards. So, might as well go for it.
>>
>>1420765
Not a huge market. Not a good idea to open up right next to the same type of store. Abort.
>>
File: bebop.jpg (325KB, 666x999px) Image search: [Google]
bebop.jpg
325KB, 666x999px
>>1420779
Actually, she's got nice ASSets. I put her in behind the register in cos-play mode, and she'd be sure to score sells with horny virgin dorks.
>>
>>1420765
If you think youd want to go the route of renting and selling boardgames, look into a boardgame cafe style business model. like Cafe Mox

it sounds like your area is saturated already. I would sit on this idea. If there are as many as you say there are, hold off till some of them go out of business. spend that time refining your business plan, creating an emergency fund, and conducting in-depth market research.

Have either of you worked in retail at multiple levels? do you know what is needed to make a retail shop viable?
>>
this is a shit idea. go for it if you want to lose money
>>
>>1420803
What the cuck
>>
>>1420765
Ffocus on table top and board games. People into table top obsess over collecting, staying updated and painting miniatures. Unlike regular board games where you buy it once and maybe a few expansions, table tops sell a regular stream of extra content. Miniatures, paints, campaigns etc will be your bread and butter.

However, you'd be doing it because you want to make a living off something you enjoy or are interested in. You won't get rich doing this. It would also be handy if there's places to eat and drink in the area.
>>
>>1422527
He should just sell tables imo...
>>
Anything to fleece these degenerate manchildren sounds good to me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.