[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sericulture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: rubs legs together.jpg (257KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
rubs legs together.jpg
257KB, 1024x658px
>Mfw I just crunched the numbers and figured out how much I could make as a sericulturist
>Mfw the land I need is plentiful and cheap
>>
I did that in a video game once.
>>
>>1414854
/4chan
>>
File: bombyx mori.jpg (523KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bombyx mori.jpg
523KB, 1920x1200px
>>1414854

This ain't wow though.
>>
File: 1468432875827.jpg (186KB, 534x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1468432875827.jpg
186KB, 534x1236px
>>1414848
Explain yourself senpai.

I too want to be a silk-road jew.

Where do you envision yourself finding the tools to spin the thread off the cocoons?
>>
>>1414887

I can source my product directly from China. I have a lot of personal connections there, including people who worked in silk. My plan is to make ahimsa silk since I'll be able to avoid problems with PETA plus hipsters will pay more for ethical silk, so no boiling the worms.

I think I'll partially unspin the cocoon on both ends so that the moth can get out easily without damaging the filaments.
>>
>>1414897
Are you sourcing your mulberry leaves locally in America (assuming you live here) or are you going to be feeding them on commercial chow?
>>
>>1414901

I can get acres of mulberry trees for cheap. I can literally stick the eggs out into the trees, then come and pick the cocoons 6-7 months out of the year.
>>
>>1414911
Very interesting. To my knowledge, there are very few silk producers in the united states ( commercial at least). Be sure to market well and if you have the time to spend you could make a great deal of money.
>>
>>1414925

Yeah, it's a pretty hard market to get into. But I think I've got it figured out.
>>
>>1414878
>Implying

I'm more autistic than that anon. It was Haven and hearth
>>
File: moth money dance.gif (482KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
moth money dance.gif
482KB, 480x360px
>>1414982

...welp. At least you're among your own kind here.
>>
>>1414848

I'm jelly take me with you. I want to help. I don't see how you could turn a profit without a large investment.

1kg of raw silk is worth 50 usd. It takes thousands of worms to make 1kg.
>>
>>1415552

Ahimsa silk is around $135 though, but it's the cruelty free brand.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.