[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

undergrad target schools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5KB, 225x225px
What are some good undergrad target schools to break into IB at NYC?

At least, which schools have the best OCR?
>>
breaking into IB is harder than breaking into these schools:

UPenn, NYU (Stern), Harvard, Columbia, Michigan (Ross), Cornell, and Princeton have great recognition + precense on Wall Street.

obviously schools like Stanford, Yale, Dartmouth, Duke. Georgetown, etc. have great name recognition but many don't go to Wall Street in comparison to the first list.

MIT kids tend to be quants.

some other schools with less name recognition (but still good schools), yet still a fair Wall Street precense (more often than not in boutiques...= less $$$) include Boston College, Texas, Rutgers, Florida, Villanova, and Virginia.

good luck I guess. (especially if you just found out what IB is and you only like the $$$)
>>
>>1414880
>Michigan over Dartmouth, Stanford and Yale
>Not even mentioning UVA (McIntyre)
I wonder which school you go to...
>>
>>1414929

Virginia is UVA, is it not?

OP asked for good target schools for IB in NYC. Dartmouth, Stanford, and Yale are obviously rated higher as academic institutions as a whole, but Ross has a large representation in Wall Street specifically because of the sheer number of alumni connections tied to its undergrad business school. Stanford kids tend to stay in the Silicon Valley and SF, rather than NYC. Yale and Dartmouth kids are well represented but not as much as those I mentioned before them, and many work IB in Boston. Nobody is going to shut down your application for going to Dartmouth, Yale, or Stanford instead of going to Ross though.

I went to Columbia. You?
>>
>>1414984
Arguing with absolute numbers makes no sense. There might be more Michigan kids on Wall Street than Yale kids, but that's because Michigan is so much larger. If you look at the individual likelihood of someone from Yale and someone from Michigan wanting to go to NYC IB, the guy from Yale definitely has a better chance to land there. Same with Stanford, Dartmouth and yes, UVA. Michigan is not a top-tier target school.
>>
>>1415002

I see where you're coming from, and fair enough.

If we want to make definitive tiers than it'd be UPenn, NYU, and Harvard taking the first tier without a doubt.

I'd be hard pressed to leave Michigan out of the second tier though.
>>
>>1415002

UVA is not ranked higher than Michigan, where did you get that notion from? Do you go to UVA?
>>
>>1415002
t. Ohio flag
>>
>>1415021
>UVA undergrad business school is not ranked higher than Michigan
Kek

>>1415026
I hate Ohio State with a passion
>>
UVA McIntire has been an IB factory for the past couple of years. Nearly Ivy level recruiting. I think 2 kids went to Blackstone this year from their career report.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.