[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tips on dealing a wage increase for a remote programming job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

tips on dealing a wage increase for a remote programming job? i'm being paid very little (about 3$/hour), but i live in a third world country and that's a lot. i want to get paid a bit more just so i have 1000$ at the end of the month, but i don't know how to go at it. i'm thinking that if i want to get paid x$ this month i should tell them i want (x+50)$ so they negotiate a bit less. but what if they tell me they just don't have the money or something? do i walk away?
>>
Maybe if you get a united states p.o box as a mailing address ?
>>
>>1411851
what for?
>>
>>1411861
So they think you are a U.S citizen and pay you more. Reason being, if they are paying you grossly under minimum wage they will bump up your pay to not risk being sued.
>>
>>1411873
i might consider that next time. i was thinking about just telling people i'm from germany or something.. they won't know. but still that doesn't solve my current problem. any tips?
>>
>>1411891
Where's your employer located?
>>
>>1411939
US
>>
>>1411848

It's gonna depend on how much they need you/you need them.

If you can make see value in keeping you rather than hiring another guy from your contry for less you might be able to get a raise. If they are in a position of power where they can get 100 candidacy for you job in a matter of days, you're fucked.

Also, I don't know about US but the raise is probably gonna be less than 5% of annual salary if you're keeping same position/responsabilities
>>
>>1412512
yeah, i was think about abusing this. i've been working with them for 3 months or so and by now i know the ins and outs of the system they're building. hiring someone else and getting them up to speed is going to take a while, and they risk hiring someone who outright doesn't know what they're doing

>Also, I don't know about US but the raise is probably gonna be less than 5% of annual salary if you're keeping same position/responsabilities

i was thinking about asking for some amount and then negotiate it, which is bigger than 5% annual salary. they're really paying a low, low amount as it is
>>
>>1412534

If you feel like you can abuse it, go for it, but after 3months, I don't think your chances are high.

Regardin the amount of the raise, a lot of companies do this in intern and rates are pre established, you don't really negociate that much. Even if you could, expecting more than 10% raise is not realistic imo, no matter how low your initial salary is.

You could offer to take on more responsabilities or ask for performance indexed bonuses if you don't have any yet. That might make it more attractive for them.
>>
>>1411873
they may just not hire him then though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.