[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shipping post-free trade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: march32[1].jpg (328KB, 1552x970px) Image search: [Google]
march32[1].jpg
328KB, 1552x970px
With the far-right on the rise, is free trade dead?
Does this mean global shipping is about to get fucked hard in the ass?
It's already facing its biggest crisis since 1985.

First there's Brexit, then Trump, then far-right parties promising to enact protectionism and end imports of Cheap Chinese Shitâ„¢ are already #1 in polls everywhere whether it's France, Austria or the Dutch

If globalism loses, shipping will be hurt the most.
>>
>>1411254
Doesn't matter mich to me. I'm American and we have no competitive international fleet. We exist soley because of cabotage laws (Jones Act), and government/military preference laws.

But there will always be plenty of shipping, it's just going to find a new point of equilibrium.
>>
>>1411395
The US ships plenty of oil and gas now, and with the new panama canal it's pretty good business to send LNG tankers from the US gulf to Asia

Also many major ports have been upgraded, with billions in costs, in anticipation of "mega ships" that are now making little to no money and are travelling half empty at best.

There's also exposure elsewhere, bank loans etc
>>
We can hope.
>>
>>1411402
this
>>
File: 1466877582780.png (499KB, 612x586px) Image search: [Google]
1466877582780.png
499KB, 612x586px
>The right
>Anti free trade

I think you'll find that's the left m8. The EU is protectionist as fuck.
>>
>>1411725
He meant trump and his anti trade and china hate views
>>
>>1411740
It's a common theme among the populist/nationalist right.
Not so much for the left anymore.
>>
>>1411254
Trump is a moderate the United States is so far left that he is the equivalent of a market correction
>>
>>1411782
>the United States is so far left

of who, the middle east?
>>
File: 1382733960791.gif (996KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1382733960791.gif
996KB, 400x225px
>not wanting a bunch of third world barbarians and welfare parasites flooding into your country means you want to completely cease global trade
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.