[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renting appartements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bobby smug.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bobby smug.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
My landlord is an old lady that likes me very much.

She has over 20 blocks in Montreal and has offered me to get in some sort of association with her.

I could either:
-Rent her unused apartments (around 1400$ per months), and use them to Air BnB. I would keep all profits.

-Or, I help her to find people to rent and she would pay me accordingly. I have no idea how much I could charge her. Per hour or by a % of the rent?

Is there money to be made in this business or I am losing my time?

Thanks
>>
Is the AirBnB risk-free for you? Would you get her to only pay rent for months in which you find guests?
>>
>>1410799
Nah it's not. I would pay for every months, guests or not.
>>
>>1410800
Can you afford to try it for 1-3 months with a single flat? Or just try to validate the idea by putting up an ad on AirBnb and see if you get interest.

Check out the vacation rental section on bigger pockets. If you have the time to manage it and get reservers or insurance against someone trashing the place the deal sounds good.
>>
For the other option you could look at student flat shares, they cashflow great. I live in a terrible neighbourhood where all locals are unemployed but the landlord provides good service to international students and drowns in cash. The market rate for my flat is 110k, 4 students in total pay 26k/yr and I expect about 20k of that are profit. I rent from studentflat.co.uk
>>
>>1410806
I'm sure I would have to rent the apartment for the whole year when signing the lease, so I can't just try it out for 2-3 months.

The first apartment she proposed me is huge (6 1/2) and brand new, I could Air BnB it for 200 a night easy.

I have spare money but 1400$ per months is huge. I'm scared that during winter months I would barely be able to rent it at all.
>>
>>1410816
Oh snap, that's a good idea. Instead of renting it per night to tourists, I could rent it per month to students. I'm gonna think about it, thanks.
>>
If the year costs $16.800 you'd only need 84 nights. Let's make it 90 if you have some small problems along the way. 90 days in a year sounds achievable.. you can aim for weekly stays and even up prices around festivals/big sports games etc. depending on location.

200 to me also sounds cheap af for 6,5.. If you only sleep 6 people it's 30$/night and a hotel would be what? 100?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.