[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best /biz/ grad degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1457902202410.jpg (451KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457902202410.jpg
451KB, 1920x1200px
Hey /biz/, I graduated from college a little over a year ago with a BS in Economics from a not very highly ranked state school. I had an okay GPA(3.5). I got a job making $55k/yr upon graduation and have been working with this company since then. I really like the environment and the people are great. I'd like to be making more but honestly this more than covers my expenditures and I still have money left to save and invest.

Anyway, my wealthy as fuck grandfather(as in multi-millionaire, owns his own jet and a salaried pilot, etc.) who I rarely had contact with as a child due to a bunch of family drama that I won't go into, has decided to reopen contact.

He's offering to assist me with going to grad school. I didn't plan on spending the money on the grad school meme until I had a little bit more in savings and some more work experience under my belt.

So anyway, while I'm still undecided on whether or not to take him up on the offer(he told me if I don't do it in the next year he's not going to help if I decide to do it later on), I don't really know what I should go to grad school for should I decide to do it. I feel like MBA's are garbage for the most part. What about an MS in Finance? MS in Economics?
>>
>>1409927
If your grandfather is really a millionaire just do what he fucking says. I would personally do Finance, but even an MBA might be ok, depending on what you have worked up to now. Or just figure out what would make him most proud.
>>
>>1409927
>/biz/
>degree

Pick one.
>>
>>1410158
Picked the former. Invested heavily on $KPDS.. 10000 percent ROI in 2 months
>>
>>1409927

Your granddad is stuck in the past. A masters in any form of business will do literally fucking nothing to advance your career.
>>
>>1409927
Banks and what not offer to pay for your masters once you have been working for them for a few years. It's only a career advancement when it's a requirement to get.

If your grandfather can get you jobs/connections, but, you need the masters I would do the masters.
>>
>>1409927
MBA's are the way to go if you're ambitious and want to run a company; having an MBA can help secure financing or investments if you're looking to start your own company. The average pleb doesn't have much use for it.

A MS in finance would be useful if you're looking to do some sort of high(er)-end finance job at a bank or help run a fund. However, you could do the same with an MBA.

If you're looking to eventually teach econ, go for a MS in economics and then go for a doctorate afterword. You'll need the doctorate to become tenured in a teaching gig. Other than that, getting a MS in econ isn't worth it unless you want to teach high school economics.
>>
>>1409927
Finance.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.