[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why shouldn't I buy a gas station?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Shellgasstationlosthills.jpg (402KB, 1234x792px) Image search: [Google]
Shellgasstationlosthills.jpg
402KB, 1234x792px
Why shouldn't I buy a gas station?
>>
How long does it take to pay for itself?
>>
>>1409692
Warren did it and failed. So you shouldn't either.
>>
>>1409692
Oh I see you have finally started looking at getting your own business. That is great I congratulate you. Bizbuysell is very helpful.

Often one of the first business people look at are food places. Then you see that franchises are expensive! So you start shopping by price and notice that gas stations are relativity cheap. In some areas you can buy them for less than 100 thousand.

When you see a cheap price ask yourself why is it cheap? It is cheap because it is a gas station. See gas stations have tanks buried in the ground. Old tanks that always leak and containment the surrounding soil eventually. By selling the gas station the owner is trying to avoid the clean up cost.

How much to remove the tanks and the bad soil? Well a lot. Maybe 400k. See you have to get some sort of epa certification, which means only certain contractors, etc. A half million might be nothing if it contaminated the underground aquifer.

So keep looking and avoid gas stations!
>>
>>1409727
>A half million might be nothing if it contaminated the underground aquifer

holy fuck, can you imagine how fucked youd be if that happened?

you would basically have to declare bankruptcy
>>
I think that if you're an immigrant from a country that has tax free status for so many years you don't have to follow most EPA laws. Or at least can get delays forever. Just a couple years ago they came out with new regulations in my state. Most small white owned stations went out of business, sold to Paki 's / indians. They didn't have to upgrade their tanks. 240k updates btw.
>>
>>1409692
http://www.howtobuyagasstation.com/
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.