[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which code will earn me bank if learn it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: code.jpg (48KB, 596x334px) Image search: [Google]
code.jpg
48KB, 596x334px
So I was wondering which programming code will help me earn some good money after I learn it. I'm not interested in getting a real job yet because I'm still in high school. I just need to make some money for my first car and I have a lot of time on my hands this summer.
>>
>>1409555
SQL
>>
>>1409555
Machine code
>>
TIBasic or Z80 ASM
>>
FORTRAN - nothing else is needed
>>
The davinci code
>>
>>1409555
>programming code
the fuck is that?
>>
A code you use to program stuff
>>
>>1409572
For what CPU
>>
>>1409760
no that's not right
programming language is what you use to write program code that the compiler / interpreter understands and uses to create machine code or run time interpreted byte code in some cases.

basically the code is the result of programming not the means of.
>>
If you're in high school still you're not going to get anyone to pay you for anything beyond web design. HTML/Javascript/CSS, maybe some PHP too if you need to do more complicated things. Your other route is app development, with either Java for Android or Swift/ObjectiveC for iOS.

You can try learning other languages but don't expect to get paid for those as a teenager.

Although "programming code" and mentioning a lot of free time this summer when we're almost in August makes me question if this is pasta.
>>
>>1409555
> I have a lot of time on my hands this summer.
Nice trips. I doubt /biz/ can help you much but just know that learning a language is more than just learning the syntax.

It's about design philosophy. You can freelance java really easy as it's the most widely used.

Start here.

http://www.javaworld.com/article/2075202/core-java/object-oriented-language-basics-part-1.html
>>
File: 1387142015221.gif (2MB, 299x152px) Image search: [Google]
1387142015221.gif
2MB, 299x152px
>>1409760
you're a fucking idiot. knowing a language doesn't mean jack shit if you don't know how to program in the first place.
>>
learn HTML, i hear web design is pretty lucrative nowadays
>>
You should at least learn about C# or Java. It's very practical and many corporations use them. With Java u can also do Android as well. Swift is ok to learn if u want to go into mobile development.

Ruby, Scala, Erlang etc are niche ones and u should only look into them if u have extra time. Learning the language is 1 thing. Another thing u need to spend time on is on the library/functions/framework, this one u can only gain through hours of coding or experience.
>>
>>1409555
> which programming code will help me earn some good money after I learn it.

Your question signals that you don't understand what you're asking about.

Picking a language syntax to learn is a very unimportant decision.

The real learning is what you learn in math class in school. If you go to college it would be what you learn in math classes there.

What also matters is learning about graph theory, theory of computation, calculus, discrete math and this sort of thing.

Then you learn about algorithms, data structures, principles of programming languages, concurrency, mutual exclusion, the fetch/execute cycle, second normal form, floating point numbers stored in two's complement etc.

THEN you learn C++, Java, Python etc.

Yes, if you're raring to go and want to learn a little C++, you can do so.

What happens when the program gets a little complicated and you need a mutex lock? You don't even know what mutual exclusion is.

What happens if you need to store a lot of numbers, and need to be able to grab the highest (or lowest) number very quickly. What data structure do you use? The answer is a heap. But that is the same for most programming languages, not just one. You learn the general principle, then you learn how it works for one particular programming language (or a few).

It's fine to skip ahead, but if you get stuck or frustrated, it's because you are lacking 1-2 high school years of math worth of understanding plus 4 years college understanding. That's just the beginning too. At a college you might take one database class, or maybe two if you're lucky - but you need to learn a lot more to work with databases. Four years of college gives you the most basic of foundations.

So skip ahead and learn some Python or Java or Javscript. Be aware of how much more you have to learn to even start really knowing what you're doing though. Writing a 100 line program is not hard, it's when it becomes 1000 or 10000 lines that it starts being hard.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.