[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the stock market rigged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: memesequence.jpg (10KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
memesequence.jpg
10KB, 244x207px
Is the stock market rigged?
>>
>>1407946
The efficient market hypothesis is true, but that's about as much as I know
>>
Insider trading happens more than you would think
>>
>>1407946
I made $9,200 today in tech stocks.

What was the question again?
>>
>>1407946

yes
>>
>>1408099
Any details? How much did you invest? What stocks? Where did you learn?
>>
>>1408171
>Any details?
Some holds, some active trades.

>How much?
The two positions I made the most on today are probably $145K together, give or take.

>What stocks?
Apple and Twitter.

>Where did you learn?
I didn't take a class or anything. I dumped $50K in a brokerage and paper traded a little, then switched over.
>>
>>1408350

you're full of shit
>>
>>1408354
Wow, you really do think the market is rigged.
Does it help if you know Jews?
Because I know some Jews.
>>
>>1408365
It might help if you know jews
>>
>>1407946
In 2000 Cisco stock was $77 a share. A decade earlier it was (ignoring split) $0.08 a share.

Cisco IPO'd with a market cap of $220 million.

Facebook on the other hand IPO'd with a market cap of $100 BILLION.

With Cisco, you could ride that $200 million market cap up to $2 billion then $20 billion, then $200 billion. Then it can double to $400 billion. Then it can keep going up, as Cisco did in 2000.

How much higher up can Facebook go? To get 10x your money from a $100 billion IPO, it will have to become a trillion dollar company.

Look at Uber. Valuations are fuzzy, but it's said to be worth tens of billions of dollars. In the old days you could ride that up. Now only accredited investors can get the stock.

And even most accredited investors can't get the stock - without paying a very steep markup. It's a very small club that gets into such things early.
>>
>>1408521
>only accredited investors
This is the same as the argument about the $25,000 day trader limit.
While the SEC would claim that policy (and the one you mention) is designed to "protect" investors, is this really the case?
Because a lot of people seem to believe these policies amount to "rigging the market" in favor of the wealthy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.