[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into film producing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 62456-004-A899CEDA.jpg (111KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
62456-004-A899CEDA.jpg
111KB, 526x436px
How do I get into film producing?
>>
record yourself and post on youtube

collect .03 cents in adsence per month
>>
>Have money
>Have good accountant who understands tax offsets for Film Productions
>Have access to people with a good eye and ear for IP

If you have money just fucking go to film festival networking events, you'll have film directors and even other producers throwing themselves at you.

If you don't have money hook up with a talented film director... or 2
Someone who is building a following and work out a strategy to promote them, offer to market their films for them: entering film festivals, contacting international sales agents, contacting broadcasters.
Also come up with 6 treatments together, like 2 pages for each treatment that you can pitch to any money men or executives.
>>
>>1406236
Some other random thoughts for potential producers

>Hire a line producer
>A line producer does all the costings for a film. You know what's better than having a marketable script and maybe a minor celeb attached to it? Knowing EXACTLY how much it will cost to make

>Find international Co-Producers
>If Australia is offering you a 10% tax offset because you have Australian citizenship on your production budget, and you can get 200k from the Canadian film board because you have a Canadian actor in the lead.
>Why wouldn't you take advantage of both?

>IP, IP, IP
>Intellectual Property. It can be anything, a news article, a blog, a novel, a the rights to remake a film from Thailand. Anything that makes an enticing story.
>You can to the moon if you buy books which aren't published yet but have huge hype, and when they start flying off the shelves you can either resell the rights to Hollywood or hire a screenwriter (maybe the original author) and get a studio to Greenlight the script
>If you paid 100grand for the rights, paid the screenwriter 60k, you could sell a hot property for easily 500k. Way way more iif you have an actor or director of some value attached.

But more important to remember is that the real money in Film making isn't in producing. It's in distribution. Buying the rights to a film some other poor sap has spent years producing. Then you resell it onto broadcasters, SVOD services, maybe even give Netflix a slate of films.

Become a sales agent, buy the rights in like 50 territories to some Japanese film or TV show, get it redubbed by some cheap actors who aren't union, and then sell it to English speaking territories.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.