[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pump and Dump is fraud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1468614096522.jpg (388KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1468614096522.jpg
388KB, 1803x1351px
It's considered fraud because the pump and dumper is artificially inflating the price of a stock through false and misleading statements.

The purpose of a market is equitable opportunities for equitable risk. The purpose of pump and dump is forming an illegal trust among a portion of a market to exploit the remainder of the market. This would quickly put the money on the sidelines and lessen opportunities for all - exploiters included. Poisoning your own food supply is not a method by which to flourish.

Nothing wrong with buying low and selling high. But willful manipulation of worthless stocks of empty shell companies crosses the legal boundary. When lying hype drives the price of a stock rather than financial performance of the company, the activity becomes criminal.

Stop manipulating crypto you losers
>>
>>1406051
lying isn't exactly illegal
>>
>>1406053
Lying for financial gain is fraud. It's illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation
>>
sharing your personal opinion that something has the potential of going to the moon and the implications of that is not fraud by any means
>>
>>1406051
Can we send all Trump coin shillers to the gulag already?
>>
>>1406051
dont be left behind as a miserable poorfag.. buy ETC!
>>
>>1406057
Spreading lies to inflate something to earn money for yourself is fraud. You people are literally running your own little Boiler Room.
>>
>buy shitcoin
>go to Brazilian hair trimming forum
>wow guys its so cheap buy buy buy!!!
>sell it when people buy it

Yeah that's not fraud at all.
>>
>>1406064
how does it feel to be a poor nocoiner
>>
>>1406056
i've invested in trump coin. i think that as a cause coin, it is one of the most innovative and genius altcoins ever created. i shil.. i mean talk about it every chance i get because i'm so passionate about it, it is the best thing i ever. i TRULY believe in the coin.

the coin's price goes to unbelievable levels, then people start selling, and naturally the price then goes down dramatically

>THIS WAS A PUMP AND DUMP, AND YOU TOOK PART IN IT!

no man, i truly believed the coin will be the best thing ever! i don't know what happened, i swear! i just sold because i didn't want to lose my investment! any trader would do that!

:^)
>>
>>1406051
Pumping and dumping crypto isn't fraud or illegal because crypto isn't regulated you plum.
>>
>>1406087
/thread
>>
>>1406059
Cope harder
>>
>>1406062
>you people
Whoa there, easy on the racism.

There's nothing wrong with sharing my opinion among peers.

I think McDonald's is going to the moon because I had a Big Mac earlier. It was fantastic and I'd highly recommend it.

How is the paragraph above illegal exactly? There's no crime is sharing how much you like or believe in something.
>>
>>1406116
You're not lying here, if you actually mean it then that's fine.

fraud - wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
>>
troll thread is troll thread
>>
File: 1420661819898.jpg (22KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1420661819898.jpg
22KB, 398x500px
>>1406051
>When lying hype drives the price of a stock rather than financial performance of the company
lol
When is this not happening?
>>
>>1406101
Shut up faggot
>>
>>1406151
Oh, okay. I actually mean it then. Boy that was easy.

Your point was what again?
>>
>>1406051
real market manipulation
irc.freenode.net
#CryptoTA
;)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.