[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renting vs Buying a place to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 38164793.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
38164793.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
I am nearly 30 and I live with my mother who is on state disability. I am a loser virgin, but I want to move out.

Do you rent or buy, /biz/ ?

Why?

http://www.realtytrac.com/rnshared/heatmaps/Cheaper-To-Rent-Or-Buy/

pic unrelated because holy shit I accidentally found it
>>
Fuck dude, good luck.
>>
>>1405360
Buy a super cheap house, but not around blacks or crime if you can help it.

You also need to get a job. No welfare shit. You are goinf to need credit too. Call in a favor of your friends if you can you need 10% down on a house.
>>
In my country, buying a home is very expensive, but it is more profitable way in a long term. If you are going to buy a home, you should think carefully about neighborhood. Renting allows you to change a place easily, which is good.
>>
And one thing - mortgage in my country has about 20% per annum, if you dont have a good salary - mortgage is not your choice, obviously.
>>
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/buy-rent-calculator.html
>>
>>1405416

>Buy a super cheap house, but not around blacks or crime if you can help it.

The $30,000 houses are in the ghetto where blacks and drugs are

>You also need to get a job. No welfare shit. You are goinf to need credit too.

I have a good job. My credit score isn't the worse but not great either - about 700

>Call in a favor of your friends if you can you need 10% down on a house.

lol, friends?

> In my country, buying a home is very expensive, but it is more profitable way in a long term. If you are going to buy a home, you should think carefully about neighborhood. Renting allows you to change a place easily, which is good. And one thing - mortgage in my country has about 20% per annum, if you dont have a good salary - mortgage is not your choice, obviously.

Yeah I have enough money saved up to put about 15% to 20% down on a sub-$100k house, but there's not really any sub-$100k houses around that aren't ghetto

: ^ )
>>
I doubt you would qualify for a mortgage in your current situation. Rent for a while, if it becomes realistic to buy later then look into it. But you need to focus on finding a job and moving out atm.
>>
>>1405602

I already have a good job. I forgot to post that in OP I guess
>>
>>1405360
rent is cheaper here

the general rule is you have to spend half the price of your home on it every decade as maintenance. now if you also buy the home with debt then it's totally never gonna be worth it all things considered because the amount you can spare on buying is basically the price you pay in risk of buying a home keeping your equity in an unmovable object that can drastically devalue any time.

so nah. renting is better especially if you are young.
>>
>>1405360
I bought and I think it was the best decision I have ever made. for the same "price" of a shitty apartment with stupid neighbors wall to wall to a house three times bigger, with no one beating her wife or yelling to his kids or clown mexican music at 3 in the morning

fuck renting, and fuck people. the sad part, my parents follow me because my house was better than theirs... ho well nothing is perfect.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.