[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ Anyone had problems with getting paid from a job before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Startup .jpg (156KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Startup .jpg
156KB, 1600x1068px
Hey /biz/

Anyone had problems with getting paid from a job before?

I began working for a start up company a few months ago. At first everything was fine, but slowly but surely I'm beginning to have my doubts.

It's an IC (Independent Contractor) 1099 position. Anyone familiar knows that you have to do your own taxes at the end of the year but can write off things like gas and other expenses.

At first they were paying me every week. Than all of a sudden they changed the payment process and my paychecks started getting delayed.

It's extremely difficult to go out and work 8, 10, 12 hour days for a company that you honestly don't know if they'll pay you out or if they do you'll have to hassle them and it'll take weeks and weeks.

At this point I'm waiting on a paycheck from close to a month ago and I'm crippled. I have tons of debt, I'm extremely broke, and I don't know if it's worth pursuing legal action or taking this to an extreme measure at all?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Surely there is something in the labor laws about this kind of treatment.
>>
y-you're my only hope, /biz/zy
>>
>>1404564
Sales bro here (former), this isn't unusual.

Hell, I was a W2 employee, and my former employer owes me over 3000 USD for deals I had closed (waiting on delivery of goods) before I took a different job here on the east coast..

By my employment contract I am owed that money, but I will never see it.

It can be par for the course.
>>
There are options run by your state where you can dispute wages and a case worker will follow it up with the company. If you're paying taxes the government will help you with it. Use this if you leave and then need to be paid out on what they owe.

I worked on 1099 before. You'll want an accountant during tax time. I have an independant guy who will work voodoo magic on all my shit during tax season for 150$ . He saved me bigtime when I was on 1099.

what do you do to work for them? how much do you get paid?
>>
>>1404586

Unfortunately it sounds like a lot of inside/outside sales jobs are just sketchy like this. I think I heard since it's 1099 they have up to 120 days to pay you. Not fun.

>>1404591

I do need to invest heavily in an accountant during tax season haha.

I do outside sales, it's a great job, great people, fun little startup company, very small but tons and tons of VC funding, pay is strictly commission (standard) with a base salary +commission if you stay with the company long enough.

I like them and I believe in them but imagine if I had rent or child support or a mortgage to pay? I'm lucky at this point in my life to stay with some family who is supporting me as I was an idiot with my finances lately and I'm getting back on my feet.

Just very shady for a company to treat its employees like this, W-2 or not.
>>
late desperation bump
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.