[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

42500AUD to invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1463338707082.jpg (1MB, 1240x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1463338707082.jpg
1MB, 1240x1393px
Ausfag here

I know you guys have the collective investing knowledge of a brick. But I just inherited around 42500 AUD (cheerz granny) and I just thought I'd at least try and see if there's any smart things I could do with my money.

Right now i'll probably put about 30k in stocks, 7.5 in bonds and save 5 for a trip or something. Help me become a gazillionaire.

I'm a 19 year old finance student if that helps. Ily /biz/
>>
$KNPD and $LPBM is doing great this year.. made alot of money on them
>>
>>1403331
diversify with VSLN to smooth out the risk profile.
>>
File: homerfalls.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
homerfalls.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>1403331
>>1403344

I apologise for my idiocy, but what the hell are these, stock tickers? Googling all of these gives me nothing. Or is this a /biz/ meme or something?
>>
>>1403329
index fund. dunno what the options are on the asx, but some top 50 or equivalent would be good in the long term
>>
50% VAS - asx 300
30% VGS - international shares
20% bonds or savings account. Can use VGB.
Enjoy getting rich by doing nothing.

Also reinvest dividends.
>>
>>1403374
yeah i was also thinking putting a lot of it into index funds, any ausfags know of some non shit index funds
>>
>>1403378
this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks senpai
>>
>>1403329
The Canadian marijuana industry is about to be huge. OGI CGC APH on the TSX
>>
>>1403331
>KNPD
>LPBM
oh fuck me, u got me there
>>
How does one even begin to buy stocks and everything? Is there a program/guide to beginning? I wish/biz/ had a sticky for all this, I'm very interested in investing with all the money I saved up working in HS and now that I'm 18 I wanna start investing.
>>
File: d7wMTie.jpg (64KB, 698x1071px) Image search: [Google]
d7wMTie.jpg
64KB, 698x1071px
>>1403670
Biz do constantly repeat themselves on how to invest and the best ways to invest. You just need to find the right broker first, if you're a student in the USA then Robinhood seems to be a good one.

Then read books like the intelligent investor and make sure you're not a retard just throwing money at meme stocks. Read Bloomberg and watch the news and just don't be a fucking idiot and it's easy to make money in the long run so long as you don't panic sell every 5 minutes.
>>
>>1403670
If you're in Aus, and are with Commonwealth Bank, open a CommSec account.
$19.95 fee per trade, and is completely linked with your bank account, and the balance shows with your other accounts.
I think NAB has something similar, but other than that I got nothing for you.

If US, just use Robinhood
>>
>>1403410
whats the meme, im relatively new here

>inb4 newfag
>>
>>1403673
>Robinhood seems to be a good one
Sure, if you think the mongs on this board make any kind of good decisions.
Pepecoin seems to be a good coin too.
>>
>>1403329
Put it in a 3-5 year term deposit.
Use it as a deposit for your home in 3-5 years.
>>
>>1403389

I'm Canadian but I haven't really been following any marijuana news at all, what's the time frame before these companies start to take off?
>>
>>1405643
not looking to buy a house within the next 5 years, plan on moving countries for work a lot for at least the next decade, so really i'm just looking for a medium term growth option, right now I think that the ETF's mentioned above are probably a good idea.
>>
File: 0182 - EbOxDzB.png (118KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
0182 - EbOxDzB.png
118KB, 400x335px
>>1405613
RRRRRREEEEE ANSWER MEEE
>>
Yeah, set up a moron portfolio on DRP , defensive stock, add $5k every 6-12 months. Get a good accountant , make sure it's under a discretionary trust, lend the money to the trust for the portfolio . Future ex wives can't touch it that way!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.