[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Networking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: networking.png (544KB, 1049x609px) Image search: [Google]
networking.png
544KB, 1049x609px
>Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
>Degree: B.A.S.c in Mechanical Engineering

What I tried:
>going to groups on meetup.com
>> (2) language meetups, 2 culture meetups, 1 soccer meetup, 1 dancing meetup, a few toastmasters meetups.
>Meeting randoms in the street.

Result:
Continuously running into losers, and I can't blame them because there doesn't seem to be any decent jobs here. It is Location, Location, Location. Considering using information interviews overseas (or in the US) as a means to network.

How do you network biz?
>>
You're really bad at deconstructing a problem for an engineer.

>define exactly what you hope to achive and give yourself a precise timeframe and steps to achieve it.
I want to launch my engineering consulting firm within the decade. I'll need experience so I'll start the career in another successful consulting cabinet first.

>Define and list the types of persons that will be able to meet your needs.
I'll need a job, money then clients. So i need to meet successful top of the ladder engineers that can get me in a firm, I'll need access to venture capitalists, bankers, investors or businessmen looking for things to put their money in, institutional or personally.
Then I'll need to access a pool of instutions or corporations that are looking for my services.

>Establish a systematic way to target physically those groups of people and put the mechanisms in place in order to meet them, contact them, or better have them contact me first.
Engineers can be met at trade shows, alumni networks, headhunters offices or even at their own offices.
Venture capitalists are often involved in vhnw type activities like private bank sponsorized events like golf open, classic car shows, auctions, charity events, philantropic stuff and 5 star hotel lobbies.

>Leverage what you know, can do, or might do, who you know, where you can go to exchange favors and leave good impressions.
Go to a general bank annual conference on private banking. Meet low level fund managers that are looking for investments exchange cards.
Go to local hacker maker club to hang out and how surprising to meet engineers doing pet projects to relieve boredom of a career stalling. Leverage your fund manager contact against a 'when i finish my degree can you maybe get me a interview pretty please? '. You make things Happen for people. Stay in contact.
>Practice your small talk, seduction, leveraging of wants and needs, social grace on the loser circles, immediate social circle and meetups groups as practice.
>>
>>1403137
Thanks, this is immensely useful. I'm setting it as my wallpaper.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.