[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guys advice full of shit? Or legit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
Is this guys advice full of shit? Or legit?
>>
What's wrong with his eyes?
>>
Jackie Chan?
>>
>>1402884
Robert Kiyosaki
>>1402880
He's asian
>>
>>1402876
He tells people to invest money rather than putting it into a home/savings account. He does this for over 2000 pages of books.
>>
>>1402905
Idk man looks like Jackie Chan to me.
>>
>>1402940
I would not trust Jackie Chan with my money.

He would likely lose it in a fight with a ladder.
>>
>>1402941
Haven't you heard what his kids have said about him?
>>
His books are more on motivational rather on investments.

I personally don't like them much but his books are so meme-ed that it's like u need to read at the about Rich dad poor dad. In summary the book is about some anecdotal story about a kid that has 2 "fathers", 1 having poor mentality/mindset while the other having rich/positive mindset. There are literally tons of books on this stuff, like Millionaire next door, The secret, Richest man in Babylon etc.

If you really want sound investment advice, just follow what Buffett have said already - put your money in index funds and forget it. This advice is legit as well coming from my own experience in trying to beat the market/market timing - I would have gained much if all money was in index.
>>
the guy is worth 50 million and teaches you a mindset. Take from it what you wish.
>>
>>1402912
no he says that in 2 paragraphs the rest is about "how stupid poor people are kek"
>>
>>1403028
what's the next best thing if you can't into proper index funds? it seems to be mainly a murrican thing s&p500 vanguard and the likes. we don't have them here.
>>
>>1403059
If you are non US citizen you really shouldn't have problems buying counters like SPY from your investment banks.. just open up a foreign stock account with them, sign that W-8BEN form and trade from the platform of your bank. Index funds are not meme.. it works, simple as that. Paradoxically people would not want to believe in simple things and want to get involved in complex products.

Next best thing? No.. probably the best thing, in my opinion anyway.. is still property. I'm from Malaysia shithole anyway, property here are having no problems of having >8% CAGR (compound growth annually), NOT including rental income yet. Property is physical, is a scare resource, and you can hold it forever compared to stocks.. companies only have a limited amount of life.

If u want to do stocks still, then just buy the blue chips from your local market. Pick say the top 10 based on market cap of the blue chips in your market and purchase the stocks equally. Just stay away from penny stocks, warrants/options/futures/forex.. these things are gambling and as usual you are betting against the "house" and your odds in long term are stack against u.

If you are still young, u should join the startup hype now. Even my country is in this shit. Not to expect that you can succeed instantly of course, but in the journey u can get to network with high profile people, high networth individuals, VCs etc. Beats getting a MBA in my opinion. I lost alot of money in this, but its due to the fact that I did this stuff on my own. Nowadays there are many incubators, mentors etc. My friend is now running his startup (cloud hotel reservation), and he gets revenue from customers doing reservations. Even if he fails, the fact that he managed to network with many people provides a safe cushion for him in his future career.
>>
>>1403028
Can you beat index funds if you put it into other investments though? Like real estate, commodities, businesses, etc. Seems to be what he preaches
>>
>>1403183
Of course you can beat index funds, the thing is you need to know how to do it and that's where most people fail because they think they can, but really don't have a clue. Index funds are nice because you're guaranteed to do well for the most part.
>>
I liked rich dad but I don't like that by the end of the book he tries to sell his game of cashflowing or something.

jeez robert, make me rich don't take money from my wallet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.