[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with a Scammer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: quark-ferengi.png (472KB, 577x447px) Image search: [Google]
quark-ferengi.png
472KB, 577x447px
Dear /biz/,

I am a frugal SOB and I don't like spending my hard earned cash. Much worse, I can't stand getting ripped off.

I am into bodybuilding and I recently bought a few hundred dollars of supplements online. I do it all the time. I decided to go with a new company who makes their own. I use Paypal checkout and the box is shipped.

I start reading online that I got scammed. Basically the company is cutting their whey protein with fillers and it shows in independent testing. Sort of like cutting coke. To make matters worse, they are misrepresenting their labels and people have called them out on it. Not surprisingly, the FAQ on their site lists a 35% restocking fee. :(

I try to refuse the package but FedEx is retarded so they still deliver it. It is damaged, so I take pictures of the box and send it back without permission. I even get FedEx to send it back for $0.

I can't get a response from the company 20 days after my order. Nothing. I open a case with PayPal and still am wating for my money back. I cited the damage to the box containing food, that they got the box back and that I want a full refund. No response from anyone yet.

What would be your next move? Do you think they are stalling for a reason? I can image PayPal keeping this open for another week.

Thanks for any advice. Makes me love Amazon more every day.
>>
>>1398828
>Thanks for any advice. Makes me love Amazon more every day.

Amazon Marketplace could rip you off just the same way. But after the third or fourth angry email they'll at least reimburse you.
>>
>>1398828
What company?

Just use myprotein, bro. Probably even better prices and it's well known and tested by Labdoor
>>
>>1399562
Since I'm using Myprotein (unflavored, impact), I get this icky rash. Gonna have to stop. I really don't know what else could be causing the rash, perhaps an interaction of heat, humidity, and washing powder. But the temporal association with trying Myprotein makes it the #1 suspect.

That's not to say it's not a good product, just for me it doesn't seem right.
>>
Paypal will give you a refund after 30 days if the business doesn't reply.
>>
>>1398828
>Payed with PayPal.

This is why you use credit cards. Chargebacks are the ultimate in consumer protection. As long as you make frequent purchases with your credit card, and don't abuse chargebacks, you can get away with anything.

PayPal is just shit. Their turnaround time is awful. Fortunately, you as the consumer are far better protected than the seller. PayPal generally rules in favor of the customer eventually. If you have even a smidgen of proof you will almost always come out on top.

Pictures of a smashed box will probably be more than sufficient.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.