[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passive Income Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: WorkLastYear15.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WorkLastYear15.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
Hello all,

Looking for some ideas about how to get a secondary income stream (mostly passive) as where I work, I am only on for 3 days per week which. The work involves sitting in a control room for 12 hours 6AM - 6PM. I'm able to leave the office at anytime and the work rate is usually quiet predictable.

Any ideas ??
>>
buy ETH
>>
>>1398740
What's that ??
>>
Just get some rental properties, pretty passive if you have a management company.

But if you have time, start a small business. Passive income needs a lot of cash to start.
>>
>>1398735
one of the most popular methods for passive income for internet marketers is google adsense.

the great thing about it is it's also recurring income.

-find niche of interest to you
-create blog based on niche
-research keywords and get a good list made (optional but will help yield better, faster results)
-start writing about it in your spare time at work
-upload fresh new content daily/as often as possible
-watch money start trickling in

when I first got into internet marketing around 11 years ago article creation was probably the first type of IM i did. I was trying to sell various products via affiliate links and also linked adsense to my articles for extra dollarydoos.

I wasn't very good at it (made garbage articles stuffed with keywords that made it sound stupid, had some valid useful information but not much)

All in all I probably made around 500 in various comissioned sales and moved on to other things because rules changed in various areas that made my articles get removed. I probably made about 25 articles but only 10 or so stayed alive to this day

To my shock a year later I got a check from google. I looked into it and discovered i was making a few pennies a day and it built up to a 100 dollar paycheck. COOL!

even better, 11 years later and it STILL generates a few pennies for me here n there. I typically see a paycheck from google once a year from it.

Just logged in to take a peak for an example. My current balance is 34 dollars.

Not bad considering its coming from 10 or so articles I wrote 11 years ago

I keep telling myself I need to get back into it, but cant bring myself to sit and focus on writing for god knows what reason
>>
>>1398888

Thanks so much, I'll look into that.
>>
>>1398784

Property is great, it will make you rich but in a longer time period, I would like something that can grow fast and get me lots of cash.

Have you got an idea for a small business ?? Something different would be best.
>>
>>1398967
A small biz is far from passive. Really the only way passive income works is if you have a lot to invest.
>>
>>1398888
>upload fresh new content daily/as often as possible

>passive

pick one fgt
>>
>>1398741
the latest crypto-currency meme
>>
>>1398967
property really isn't good to invest in unless you've got a lot of money to spend.

As for small businesses, 9 times out of 10, they're absolute hell to get up and running, but once they've been established and are turning a profit, you can easily pass on management to someone else and do very little work.

As soon as I got out of college, I took €300,000 that I had in inheritance money and bought a local nightclub - it took off and I eventually ended up buying a few other local clubs (I live in a pretty touristy town), now, 6 years down the line they're all just making me passive income, I have minimal involvement with them, and still make very nice money. I also own a restaurant that I started up last year, which has proven to be much more demanding, I spend pretty much 14+ hours a day there, but I enjoy it.
>>
I put together some shitty t-shirt designs on Redbubble. I get a check every few months or so. I haven't submitted anything in over a year but i still managed to sell shit
>>
>>1399896
I did this when I wad 15/16 and it was a decent little source of income even though I only had one design that actually sold

No idea why I stopped, but I think I'm going to start up again
>>
>>1399329
I guess the real question is what would happen if you didn't spend the 14 hours a day in there. Would things start to go to hell if you only came in for a couple of hours a week? Would staff start stealing, giving free drinks, etc?

If so, then it's not very passive. Businesses in general are not
>>
>>1399233
its passive because once you've uploaded article 1, article 1 will generate income for the remainder of its life on the internet. You can continue on repeating the process for article 2, 3, 14343555634, however far you want to go. the more you post the larger your residual recurring payments will be.

I really had to explain this to you? fuck you're retarded.

you do realize even "passive income" has the initial setup process dont you? you cant just say "passive income go!" and start seeing money. Shit even THAT is an initial setup.
>>
>>1399329
>I took €300,000 that I had in inheritance money
There is the stepping stone the rest of us face. Having that much liquid, without ever getting a flat sum with no effort, takes decades for the vast majority of the human race.
>>
>>1398888

Don't you have to pay hosting? What's the breakdown on how many visitors you need to break even, let alone earn money from your site?
>>
>>1400377
you can host your own blog if you like yes, but theres plenty of free avenues to go down that you can tag your adsense to. I'm not going to spoonfeed so get to looking, it's not hard to find them.

as for break even points, conversion rates, etc, there's a billion things that play a factor to determine that, so I can't answer that question with any single direct answer.

various things that effect your success:
-what venue youre using (be it your own hosted site or various blog sites etc)
-the quality of your content (both in presentation and what is offered)
-the quality of the niche
-the saturation/competition of the niche
-quality of and use of keywords and keyword research
-any and all SEO practices used and the quality of implimentation
-page layout / various other factors that can effect click through rate

basically everything that -could- effect your clickthrough rate WILL effect your clickthrough rate. it's up to you how far you can get.

but if you can generate any amount of traffic a all, you'll see -something-. it's surprisingly easy to get adsense clicks in a legit way.

===========================================================

in the same vain of thought, if you have above average knowledge in any specific topic, you can create a youtube channel and post informative videos that provide your knowledge to a viewerbase. if you have quality information then you will develop a following. Once you have a following built every video you make will get more and more views (assuming you continue growing and dont just let it die) so as new people join, they will watch not only your new content, but also your old stuff, which can be considered a passive residual income as well.

Youtubing mostly requires a much more active role as you cant as easily create a few vids and then leave it alone for years on end, however its not unheard of. You just need to pick niches and topics that dont rely on current events/status to be popular searches
>>
I've been mining eth with a single RX 480 and made about $60 this month.

Thinking of buying 3 more cards and I'll have a nice source of extra income every month.
>>
>>1400788
And how much in electricity did it cost you?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.