[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PRICE RULES FOR USED GOODS MARKET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Bed.jpg (34KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Bed.jpg
34KB, 480x640px
Not sure if it is the right board to ask about... but is there something I don't get about second-hand goods, used markets, etc.?

I was looking for a mattress in Melbourne and I keep seeing either shit or stuff that is still highly priced... is my perception of a middle ground somewhat misled?

The mattress in the pic, for example, is $ 400... but is it worth it? How much could have been if it was new? Assuming the owner is sincere about the date of purchase... how could have been its price in 2015?
Sauce: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thornbury/beds/mattress-double-australian-osteopathic-association-10y-warranty/1119298340
I admit it looks good, but still!

(cont.)
>>
File: Mattress.png (364KB, 386x525px) Image search: [Google]
Mattress.png
364KB, 386x525px
(cont. from >>1398690 )

And then you have people like these ones:
>pic related
Sauce: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thornbury/beds/king-mattress-memory-foam-2yrs-old/1118721516

Who claim:
>we bought this for $ 1,000
>after 2 years we are selling it already
>we are happy to sell it for $ 130

You read the details, and it turns out it is a foam piece of shit. I mean: look at the pic.

Of course the two products don't compare because one is a Double size, whereas the latter is a Queen... but which of the two is a strawberry? The latter looks like a lemon to me!
>>
(cont. >>1398693 )

Then you find things that look like stuff my grandma would buy, and they have the same price of shit that is sold "like new".
Sauce: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/reservoir/beds/double-bed-suite-leadlight-bed-head-mattress-base-bedside-tables/1112408494

I really don't get how to establish the quality/price ratio when it comes to this.
>>
>buying a used mattress

kek
>>
>>1398690
>$400
Don't you have IKEA there? No way anything as nasty as a second hand mattress should fetch that price.
>>
>>1398690
$400 for a used matress? Im sure you can get better shit from ebay.au or a rubbish tip
>>
I would buy used coffee grounds before buying a used mattress.
>>
>>1398690
>>1398754
>>1398841

I actually bought and sleep on a used mattress. Its a double twin size, slightly smaller than a queen. I think i payed around $50 bucks for it with the box spring (no frame). It was purchased off craigslist. It was in 90% condition when i bought it and was used as a spare bedroom mattress from the prior owners. Very little use, or appeared that way. I use a covering over it under the sheets just in case though, but id do that anyway.

While most people think used mattresses are gross, not all are. I agree90% of the time they are. I wouldnt buy one that shown any signs of use or stains.

I wouldnt pay over $100 for any used mattress. Mattresses are extremely overpriced and particularly due to the possibility for financing them (yes people make payments on mattreses.

Just in case anyones wondering, im a single male but make more than above average income for my area. Im not a pauper and i do get laid on the very mattress :)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.