[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy physical gems/metals or buy stocks of the mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 248x203px
Should I buy physical gems/metals or buy stocks of the mining companies?
>>
Depends on your financial goals and what you're hedging against.
>>
Yeah you can definitely easily offload a bunch of physical gems and precious metals, seems like the better investment
>>
>>1397904
Mining companies go under, the real thing keep their value
>>
well, they're certainly linked to a degree. but each have advantages and disadvantages.

gems are mostly memes though. the diamond trade is run by a literal cartel, the prices are mostly made-up and have nothing to do with supply or demand. in the end you'll have a bunch of useless carbon and no buyers unless you happen to live in Antwerp.

if you're set on diamonds though: look for a GIA certificate and familiarize yourself with the 4 C. figure out whether VAT applys to diamonds where you live (it mostly does, which usually kills any short-term investment potential).
>>
>>1397915
Their real value is all memes and keks. What scenario are you trying to hedge against?
>>
>>1397885
Physical gold and gems as jewelry for getting out of dodge when SHTF.

Silver bars and coins for speculation and hedging against inflation during "good times". Silver usually out-performs gold.
>>
>>1397885
Gems are a joke. False scarcity. Screw Cecil Rhodes.

Bars or perhaps bullion is where it is at.
>>
>>1397938
Rhodes was based an English hero. Nobody corrodes the Rhodes.
>>
File: ap416628138580[1].jpg (295KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
ap416628138580[1].jpg
295KB, 1600x1067px
>>1397953
>>
>>1397885
You will NOT be able to sell physical gems unless you have solid, trusted, long-term contacts in the gem trade.

Basically, you have to be a Jain or an Orthodox Jew everyone knows in the community, before even dreaming of being introduced in the trade.

I'm a Jew myself, living two hours away from Antwerp, and I wouldn't even try.
>>
>>1398032
I must add: wanting to sell your diamond to a jeweller (if you're not in the trade) will leave you disappointed.

They will give you one tenth of the real price. The cartel doesn't allow jewellers to buy back jewels from their clients.
>>
>>1397885
well at least you can sell the stocks. nobody will buy your gems
>>
>>1398244
this

My mom gave me a diamond necklace as inheritance.. nobody would buy the damned things.. i ended up selling them for a pittance, shame really
>>
>>1397885
if you have the means to cut/clean/facet them then you can make a living off of that
>>
>>1397966
Why would they do that?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.