[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just turned 20, am a student, am going to a state school for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1462412386433.png (524KB, 519x562px) Image search: [Google]
1462412386433.png
524KB, 519x562px
I just turned 20, am a student, am going to a state school for free, and have $7k in savings from various blue collar jobs

Am I doin good? How do I do better?
>>
You're doing good. You do better when you get a white collar job making a whole bunch.
>>
>>1396090

You're doing better than pic related, her eyes are like 1cm apart, Christ.
>>
>>1396090
>Am I doin good? How do I do better?
When I did the same thing I had like 15k in the bank and a paid off 2001 Kia Rio, so I think you could be doing better.
>>
File: 1444332990824.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444332990824.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1396092
Is it even worth continuing to work blue collar meme jobs that barely pay above minimum wage? I'm putting it in perspective and it seems to me lately that I should value the fact that I'm not being forced to work 40hrs/week rather than spending my time off working full time jobs making chump change

Am I right in thinking blue collar experience as a kid is a plus when trying to get into white collar work? I've been working semi-regularly since I was 14 and I like to think that would help me in the future
>>1396100
Take that back now
>>
>>1396090
You're doing better than the average millennial, but still not "good". Blue collar jobs are good for quick cash in the short term, but you need to build your resume with big name companies before you graduate.
>>
I'm 22, I have $11k in the bank, I don't drive because I live in Boston, I work part-time doing shit office jobs for a wine & spirits wholesaler, and I'm graduating in December with no debt.
How fucked am I
>>
>>1396090
Average, I guess? I think you're ahead of me.

I went to CC 3 years(More like 2 years doing Gen ED. then one year fucking around), transferred, and now I'm nearly done with my EE degree.

Only worked for 4 months in my entire life, lazy, dumb, and I'm also going to State Uni for free and have about 9k saved up personally(+40k from father that I won't get until after I graduate). I'm literally a dumb millennial with no life skills to speak of besides the fact that I'm Jew with my money-- I don't eat out often or go out in general that much unless it's hiking or the occasional con or rave.

Well on the way to the path of being completely fucking average, I guess.
>>
>>1396090
your a grown man who cares about taylor swift.
you could be doing a hell of a lot better.
>>
OPEN A
ROTH IRA
O
T
H

I
R
A

PUT 5.5k EACH YEAR. IN THAT IRA INVEST IN SP 500, REITS, EMERGING / DEVELOPING MARKETS, BONDS / TREASURIES

LOOK UP THE SWENSON PORTFOLIO AND LEARN TO DIVERSIFY.

SAVE SAVE SAVE.

ALSO HAVE A FUCK YOU FUND WHICH IS $YOURLIVINGCOST PER MONTH * 12 IN CASE YOU LOSE YOUR SHIT

THE REST OF YOUR MONEY THAT YOU SAVE IS ON YOU BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GREED ROTH IRA UP AND UNDERSTAND THAT COMPOUND INTEREST IS NOT A MEME.
>>
>>1396129
I'm 21, have $86 in the bank and I also don't drive because I live in Boston. Graduating in 2 years with probably 50k debt minimum.
>>
>>1396288
Damn anon thanks for reminding me how great it is to be upper middle class.
>>
>>1396090
follow ur heart OP do what you love and listen to that little voice inside ur mind and heart, everything will be ok just work hard and have faith and believe in urself or god or theuniverse or whatever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.