[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will it happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: triggercali.png (2MB, 1592x1226px) Image search: [Google]
triggercali.png
2MB, 1592x1226px
What will be signs of the next Great Depression?
>>
>>1395016
A really stupid president gets elected, and starts wanting to 'give poor people more oppurtunity' via easier to get loans, mortgages, whatever

Said stupid president doesnt understand international relations and pisses off X (Whether it be China, Saudi Arabia, whatever) and X refuses to do business with US.

Consumers read news articles and go 'Our president is a fucking idiot and bad stuff is happening' and they start pulling out of markets that they feel will turn bad, which causes the market to turn bearish.

The loans and mortgages given to the mass of poor stupid people come due, and they cant pay their mortgages, mass foreclosures, families losing houses. More news articles pop up saying 'Shits fucked yo'

People read articles and further lose confidence in the market, refusing to invest in American companies.

President fuckwad continues to make poor decisions for the country and international community and cannot find a way to fix said problems. International business leaves to China/Europe/whatever.

President fuckwad doesnt like what China is doing, throwing its weight around and says "You will stop X or ELSE!" China calls bluff because its China, fucking hot war starts between the two countrys, US calls for international support in war against china, other nations are like "Uhhh...no?" Massive losses against the Chinese make global headlines, people starting building bomb shelters and hoarding food and guns, scared of fucking everything.

Great Depression ensues.
>>
>>1395016
The great depression starts if the FED increases interest rates.

If they choose not to do this, they need to keep printing money like crazy, and hyperinflation wipe wipe out all debt.
>>
No idea.
Perhaps DB going bankrupt and Germany being unable to bail them out?
>>
Why is that house so expensive? Here in FL it would probably go for 200K
>>
>>1395872
Palo Alto is a suburb of San Francisco and in Silicon Valley
>>
>>1395872
Different housing markets have different ratio's of supply/demand, driving prices up/down. Also, housing and zoning laws.
>>
>>1395073
>If they choose not to do this, they need to keep printing money like crazy, and hyperinflation wipe wipe out all debt.

Wiping the debt doesn't come without consequences.
>>
>>1395986
>>1395880
I know these are yuppies and stuff, supply and demand and shit. But is it really sustainable to have houses this expensive? I have a hard time believing the majority of people will ever actually finish these 30 year mortgages.

Everyone loves to scream renting is a waste of money, but I feel like it's difficult to sustain that income for a 30 year term. I dunno, been thinking that banks in yuppie areas are more like landlords that don't have to pay for any maintenance.

>inb4 equity
>muh equity gets destroyed if I move more than three times in fees and BS
>>
Inflated local markets arent gonna cause a depression

In half a century the bay area will become detroit
>>
>>1395031
The president can't declare war, dumbass.
>>
technically the economy ( or at least part of it ) is always in Depression it just depends on how people handle and perceive and decide to use it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.