[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canuckfag here from Ontario. I am starting a little business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1335033247171.gif (3MB, 472x360px) Image search: [Google]
1335033247171.gif
3MB, 472x360px
Canuckfag here from Ontario.

I am starting a little business that'll make and sell parts for various items, and I can make those parts at home if I buy a bit of tooling. If I'm not making noise before and after daylight hours, can I manufacture my own stuff in my garage or do I have to be in an industrial area?

Pic is also my face when the shit I have to jump through to start said business; to clarify, I am much better at making parts than /biz/'ing.
>>
>>1394828

What is it you want to 3D print OP?
>>
>>1394834
Machining actually, been manual and CNC machining for years. If I can get a little bridgeport in and set up fixturing, it could supplement my income enough to be worth it. The plan is to work on it when I'm not doing much and see how it goes, if it doesn't work out I still have the regular job.
>>
File: opsec.jpg (821KB, 2200x1238px) Image search: [Google]
opsec.jpg
821KB, 2200x1238px
>>1394834
What the parts are isn't really that important. I can make stuff on my off time for various customers that require oddball shit; getting a handful of parts for a big wood processor from the fifties isn't worth a full setup on CNC, but I can fill that order quickly and efficiently.

Shit like that. The point is I don't want to be selling shit and having the Queen busting my door down because I wasn't doing it in an industrial area (where all the machine shops usually are) and didn't have my hardhat and regulation air hose fittings.

pic is one of the three dozen of these doodads I made, apparently it goes in those big tree-eating machines. To be honest I'm not sure what half the shit I make does.

I always imagine my part eventually getting shipped to a volcano island where a bald man petting his cat chuckles and whispers "my doomsday device is almost complete" or something.
>>
From ontario as well. Best bet is to work under the table till you have enough to start up a legit shop. Run it all under a "service" based company till then if you want to write off the expenses, keep the profitsin a bank and accept checks without raising red flags at the bank or with the cra and use a po box as your public address. You should have it under light machine mantainance repair. After you have enough go legit find a cheap spot and expand the business. Also if you ever do get complaints as long as it's a "hobby" you should be fine.
>>
>>1394919
Thanks anon, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>1395311
Ottawafag machinist with. No work here, insulate the workshop for sound and you should get away with a small mill or lathe
>>
>>1395476
Yeah I was going to put insulation in the garage with a heater and an AC, I plan to keep the garage fairly temperature controlled when I'm using it, and it should help with the noise.

Loudest thing is usually compressed air/air compressor, I'll try to get one that isn't super loud.
>>
>>1395490
No compressor, they are evil noise devices!
>>
>>1394828
I can hook you up with the latest and greatest cnc conversion for knee mills
>>
OP here.

>>1396174
Thanks but I'm particular about my tooling.

>>1396125
I'm afraid it's often necessary to have compressed air. With carbide, depending of the material, air blow is very useful to evacuate chips during the cut. Using coolant, depending of the tool and material, can cause thermal shock cracking.

Either way It shouldn't be so bad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.