[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize the only way to make money is to cheat and lie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 8vdPIU0.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
7KB, 645x773px
When did you realize the only way to make money is to cheat and lie?
>>
>>1393160
yesterday after watching the big short on Netflix and then seeing Netflix stocks drop immediately.
>>
Untrue, wealth is created out of nothing and not a zero sum game.
Others do not have to lose money for some to gain
>>
>>1393160
even with cheating and lying, you will only get so far without a good racket
you need to set up some ponzi or similar scam

if that fails, then Kneepads
>>
>>1393247
That's bullshit. If someone is making money in the market then someone is always on the other side of the trade losing money. Whether it be longs/shorts on equities, premiums on swaps on HY corp debt, or what have you. The market isn't a zero sum game but only because brokers take fees or else it would be a zero sum game.

Also, wealth is not created out of nothing. We as humans apply value (whether physical or emotional) to certain investments for various reasons (undervalued, NAV is higher than the current MV, etc.) and that translate to a price once a transaction takes place using the value you applied to the investment. That's how value and wealth is created. Not "out of nowhere."
>>
>>1393324
You're a biased third party judging a transaction by its worth to yourself. In a transaction both parties need and benefit from it. Thats so basic.
>>
>>1393324
I labor to create a product, I have created wealth from nothing
The end
>>
>>1393324
>someone is always on the other side of the trade losing money
Uh, no.

Guy A bought Tesla at $100. He sold it to guy B for $150. Guy B sells it to guy C for $200.
Where are all the people "losing money" in this scenario?
>>
>>1393324
literally the most babby collection of thoughts I've seen in a while

jesus christ. read a fucking book you loser
>>
>>1393921
A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.
>>
>>1393921
Guy C is for buying something overpriced that won't pay dividends. Once it gets to high, inflation will counter his dividends and there will be no growth or fall in price.

If you were correct, everyone in the world could do it until we were all millionaires.
>>
2009 high school, since then im runin my own business, but still trying to be sincer
>>
>>1394938
So what you're saying is......you're getting ripped off every time you buy something you will later sell at a profit.
Because dollars are worth less later, when you sell it at a profit.
You should reevaluate your statement.

>there will be no growth or fall in price
Stocks don't move sideways permanently.
And Guy C could go short, profiting another $50 as the stock goes back to $150. While Guy D, who bought the shares shorted can hold it back to $200 for another $50.
This can, and does, go on and on. That's why it's idiocy to claim "someone loses on every stock trade".
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.