[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for a regular 9-5 job, how normal is it to be working 2 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: salary-1[1].jpg (903KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
salary-1[1].jpg
903KB, 1200x800px
for a regular 9-5 job, how normal is it to be working 2 hours of overtime regularly?

i'm salaried now and it seems like i get into work at 8:45, 1 hour long lunch break, leave work at 5, and end up having to work 6-8. sometimes i get lucky and i wont have to put in work maybe 1-2 days a week but its fairly standard to be working 1-2 hours overtime 3-4 days of the week.

i mean i guess i dont mind it, but part of me thinks im wasting my time.

is this all worth it for $55k?

is this just the way that the professional world works?
>>
You are in for a rude awakening.
>>
>>1392118
>wage cuck
>not even salaried
>not even six figures
>overtime cuck
>>
No, it's not fair.

Yes, they will fire you if you don't do it.
>>
Pretty sure there is a new law that requires them to pay ot but idk I'm not some salary cuck white collar Jew slave
>>
As someone living on the West Coast, I would never take a salary job less than $100k. Your area's high-paying average salary might vary, but the principle is the same.

When you're salary, you are basically on-call. Certain industries have loopholes (software & other tech jobs) where employers are not required to pay for overtime. In a way, salary is slavery if you don't learn the rules of the game.

For example, take advantage of autonomy. If you have a WFH policy, do the minimum on these days. If you're hungover, blame it on a migraine. Use children and family to take time off. Work freelance during slow periods. Avoid routines and schedules, but make sure to be available when higher ups might notice you're gone. Only commit to projects where you'll further your career. Push for company/team outings for free shit and wasted time. Streamline your work,and outsource what eats up your time. Avoid having to be on-call as much as possible. Don't let the go-getters determine paces for team efforts. Makes others see your efforts as complex, yet effortless for you.

There's a lot of good stuff in The 48 Laws of Power. Play the game or have it play you.

Otherwise, get a higher-paying hourly gig after about a year of experience.
>>
>>1392118
Coming from someone who works in the trades where salaries are basically non-existent, man do I feel sorry for you.
>>
>1 hour lunch

What the fuck do you do for an hour? Bring your own food/go to a place nearby and get food, eat at your desk.

Should take you 20min tops, 30 on a bad day.
>>
>>1392118

you're gettin cucked mate.

$55k aint bad, but with the slaving you are doing I hope they have promotions and raises in the works for you.

Plenty of money ain't so great when you have no free time to enjoy it.
>>
>>1392245
>how to be cancerous deadweight - the post
>>
>>1392271
More likely he's going to get put on performance management and fired.
>>
>>1392118
>come in at 9
>leave at 5
>hour long lunch break
That is a 7 hour day OP.
You working an extra 1-2 hours 3-4 days a week (let's just say 1.5*3.5) gets you up to a 40.25 hour work-week. That's 15 minutes more than the "average."

In short, you're a faggot and should kill yourself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.