[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hardfork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: BitcoinSign.svg.png (5KB, 274x360px) Image search: [Google]
BitcoinSign.svg.png
5KB, 274x360px
Should I buy Ethereum before or after the hardfork? I'm not quite sure how this event will affect the price.
>>
Bump. Nothing I've searched for on the internet has given me a straight forward answer.
>>
>>1391293
i dont know but if theres a common answer u can expect it to behave opposite however i doubt its clear whats gonna happen
>>
>>1391322

Everyone will be refunded who lost on the DAO and they'll dump it immediately
because they're afraid everyone will dump and drive the market lower.

Simple psychology.
>>
Ethereum has already reflected the hard fork in its price. A lot of people sold their DAO at a loss and then bailed out.

Given that if eth doesn't get dumped with still can play with the uncertainty that the hard fork is and I think it is going to go at least a little bit down in the correct moment.
>>
>>1391293
Price will be rising both before and after the hard fork.

Everyone already knows it's happening so it has already been factored into the current price.

News of the hardfork will trigger a "fear of missing out" and the price will climb higher steadily. Over the long term we can expect a 10,000% increase. Buy now and hold for 30 years, you will have enough to retire and live lavishly.
>>
File: 1467627058323.png (469KB, 499x634px) Image search: [Google]
1467627058323.png
469KB, 499x634px
buy the dip.
>>
Etherium is a fucking mess
>>
>>1391293
T: What is Steem.
>>
>>1391558
As messy as Ethereum has been, I still believe in its potential. I feel the same way with Lisk.
>>
>>1391430
>Price will be rising always. There is nothing but rising price, and riches to be had.

Spoken like a true, lying, scamming chill.
>>
Eth has potential and is currently being used in some experimental stuff. On top of that is the second most traded crypto right now after bitcoin.

The market needs at least 2 volatile coins and I think that bitcoin and ethereum will be those.
>>
Literally no one fucking knows. This was the same with Bitcoin halving. Hardly saw any shills talking about how it would increase 30%, but it did. In fact, no one I knew saw it and most were saying bitcoin was doomed.

So what I do is just do the opposite of what the shills on here say and I end up profiting.
>>
>>1391681
So, buy now, or buy on late in the day on the 20th or 21st?
>>
JUST FUCKING BUY IT RIGHT NOW YOU RETARD

CLEARLY THIS SITUATION IS BEING INTERPRETED AS """NEGATIVE""" BECAUSE OF THE CONFUSION

BE STRONG WHEN OTHERS ARE WEAK
>>
I say it's going to dump hard.
>>
>>1391293
>>1391308
Buy after.

About 10% of all ETH is locked up in DAO at the moment.

As soon as that is released, that is a HUGE increase in supply.

What do you think happens when supply >>>>> demand?
>>
>>1391908
Anyone who wanted to sell already sold. You can trade your daos for 10¢ on the exchange, once the hard fork happens and you swap 1eth for 100 dao your looking at 11¢ a dao. This will be not change the price at all.
>>
The most damaging thing to ethereum from the Dao hack apart from the big asterisk next to its "code is the law immune from 3rd party intervention" premise is how it exposed the community as a whole as being less informed about basic concepts and mechanics than would be assumed for the dollar amount of the ico. It also of course exposed many figureheads and people of influence as less than trustworthy to put it lightly. The whole "Normies will like us more now because we work out our problems" spin by coinbase and others is cringeworthy and desperate. It's pretty gross to see so many people with just an overall low level of understanding about what drives value. It appears to me that while eth may have rallies as it goes into the hard fork (if shorts are getting squeezed) but market action won't reflect the fundamental value of ethereum (which in any scenario is basically feathercoin now), it will reflect uncertainty and technicals. We are on the long road to zero.

Bitcoin has value because of its security.

Eth is already overinflated and not unique or robust enough to survive long run when something like Lisk can raise tens of millions after being made in less than three weeks. Lisk using JavaScript doesn't bode well either.

Btc is the only crypto worth holding
>>
>>1392411
You sir are a moron.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.