[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To buy or not to buy house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: shack.jpg (164KB, 665x441px) Image search: [Google]
shack.jpg
164KB, 665x441px
I am looking for houses in Bellevue WA and it is quite expensive. Houses are usually starting in the 500s and it is quite competitive because of low inventory. Some are saying elections may be a better time to buy, but you never know. We were looking last year and prices are just going up.

Not sure what to do because I need a home to live in, I have cash for downpayment and income for a mortgage. I do plan on owning for over 10 years, renting out if I need or want to move. I'm a bargain hunter and I just can't stand the thought of buying when prices are high.

The outlook of the area is good, lots of businesses opening offices here. Should I hold off buying? Currently we are putting offers on houses but they are either too low, or in multiple offer situations, the people who do pre-inspections are winning.
>>
Hyperinflation is coming for USA, prices will skyrocket.
>>
>>1386644
So buy now then? I'm kinda worried about that. Don't want to be price out of the area forever.
>>
>>1386631
rent, and when you have enough to retire, move to a cheaper area
>>
>>1386664
Unfortunately it's hard to know...

I think there'll be hyperinflation, so yeah, buying would be good.

But i also wouldn't be surprised if there's a huge depression, and prices drop lots.

One of these two will happen within the next 12 months.

It's looking like hyperinflation at this point, as the bankers seem to be trying to fix the problem by printing more money.

I have about $2m USD split as;
- 400k house
- 500k portfolio of stocks/bonds/etc
- 300k cryptos
- 300k gold
- 500k cash

Trying to set myself up to retain my wealth regardless of what happens.
>>
File: dgbtothemultiverse.jpg (268KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
dgbtothemultiverse.jpg
268KB, 1440x900px
>>1386631

Stay the fuck out of Maltby, faggot. Unless you're mining crypto, just STAY THE FUCK AWAY.
>>
>>1386721
>Maltby
Honestly never heard of it but after googling I think I know someone who lives there. I am guessing that is where you are from.
>>
>>1386631

From this area too. Unfortunately the tech boom has pushed the prices up by quite a lot in this area. Since you have cash and income and plan to be owning it for a while, I would hold off a bit and wait for the tech sector to slow down or even crash.
>>
>>1386708
Very nice diversification. I am honestly almost all cash at this point, mostly just saving for a house since that was a goal ever since I was in college.

The thing is that I need a place to live so even if there is a depression, hopefully my home value would jump back quickly. But it is looking like things will keep going up. Prices are already above pre-recession prices and there are tons of all cash buyers (a lot of Chinese).

>>1386681
But buying will be cheaper if I am living there for more than X years, it could be 4 or even less. My friend lived in a house for a couple of years and after he sold he pocketed just under 100k from appreciation.
>>
>>1386763
But what if it doesn't slow down for several years? At that point I would almost be better off buying high instead of renting for that amount of time. Worst case it gets even more expensive.

Also my job happens to be in the tech, although my company is not primarily a tech / app company so that feels safer.
>>
>>1386770
>>1386765

Since it looks like most of your assets right now are cash, if you want the security I would probably just buy it actually.

Honestly, in the long run, companies like Microsoft and Amazon and even T-Mobile based around here are probably gonna grow a bit, even if there is a recession they'd probably come back to the current level or even more. If you don't have a problem with holding the house for a long time, it should be pretty safe.

You only miss out on a possibly better deal if you don't wait for the market to crash, but if you only care about the long term and don't want your cash to be sitting around, I don't think you'd regret buying now.
>>
>>1386765
Thanks.

A few months ago, 1.5m cash, and 500k portfolio.

I think owning a house is really important. No matter what happens, you'll always have a place to live, and be safe. It'll always retain some value too.

Where are you from? That chinese buyers comment makes me think Australia?
>>
>>1386782

Not OP, but the Seattle area in Washington, USA. Chinese buyers are really fucking with the demand around here, not to mention Microsoft and Amazon.
>>
>>1386782
Very impressive. Hope fully you bought at good time with those investments. Did you sell off a business or have you just been holding your income in cash?

As >>1386787 said, this is US pacific north west. A lot of Chinese come here to put money but also they work at the tech companies in the area too. But the real issue is there isn't enough new homes or people who want to sell.
>>
>>1386778
Ideally if there is a crash I could pick up a second home at that time as an investment and rent one of them out. I like the eastside the most but I might look in somewhere like shoreline where things are a little cheaper. I just don't want to max out my financing and be unable to qualify for a second mortgage in the future.
>>
>>1386800
Holding income.

I plan to sell the company next year.
>>
>>1386800
Oh, and I did buy those assets at a good time, though it was not by plan.

January 2016 seemed to be the perfect time to buy gold/silver and cryptos. Really nice gains on them already.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.