[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interest rate in other countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: interest rate.jpg (50KB, 454x305px) Image search: [Google]
interest rate.jpg
50KB, 454x305px
Possible to open a bank account in another country and profit from their insane interest rates or do you need to be citizen? most interest I can get in deposit saver is 3.2% in my country but countries like Iran do like 15% for year deposit saver.
>>
>>1384944

That all depends on the country. I'm an American and have an account in the country Georgia, where you can get up to 18% APY on long term USD deposits and about 10% APY on standard savings accounts. The only thing I needed to open an account at a bank there was my passport.

However there is risk in doing this as most foreign banks don't have anything like the FDIC (insurance on bank deposits issued by the American government), so if the bank goes under or just decides to not give your money back, you're shit out of luck.

And there's a reason they offer such high interest rates on US dollars -- it's very hard for them to get American money in these countries. I'll leave it to you to figure out why it's difficult for the banks to get American money and why they have to pay such high interest rates.
>>
File: 1380853682560.png (125KB, 1262x1295px) Image search: [Google]
1380853682560.png
125KB, 1262x1295px
>>1384944
yeah sure, go ahead and put your money in a bank in Ghana, secure as fuck with strong gains

>deposited $200K in Zenith Bank in Accra
>literally living off the interest
>made $50K last year
>fly to Ghana and meet with branch manager in Accra
>he's a crocodile
>ok.............
>he invites me on a trip in the countryside
>we spend 5 days at a local resort clubbing
>he seems tight
>on the 4th day i start to notice a foul smell coming from his room
>he invites me in after a few drinks that night at a local pub
>he's piss drunk
>i notice a piece of a shirt hanging from his mouth
>see inside his closet
>his closet is filled with children wearing mickey mouse hats
>panic internally
>pound a couple shots with him as he screams "FUCK YOU ORLANDO"
>i leave
>immediately book a flight home from my hotel room
>may the hotel manager $8 dollars for my bar tab/room for 5 days
>"sir we are having discounted bookings for next week in honor of my 8th birthday, are you interested?"
>no
>fly home
>violently stroke to crocodile gore videos

Look man, don't do it, it's too risky
>>
>>1384967
could have been worse and lose your money
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.