[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degree Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 0726 - RNCnmX8.jpg (10KB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
0726 - RNCnmX8.jpg
10KB, 255x248px
Hi Anons. I'm going to be attending a Liberal Arts School starting this fall. It's not a top school, but it's decent (top 75 LAC).

Anyways, I already know I want to major in Economics. However, with all the AP credits I have, I have come to the conclusion I'll be able to double major pretty easily. You take 36 courses, and I need to take about 10 or 12 more to fulfill my general graduation and major specific requirements.

Because I'll be able to potentially finish up Economics my second year, I figure a double major might be a good solution. Being a LAC, many of the degrees are meme degrees, but after narrowing them down I came to these possibilities:

>computer science
>creative writing
>journalism
>mathematics
>political science
>physics
>statistics

After undegrad I want to go on to grad school to get my Master's for Econ and after that become an economist or economic advisor for a corporation/governemnt.

I included comp sci because it seems generally useful, but being at a Liberal Arts School it probably won't be high quality education.
Creative writing/journalism because it's a good writing school and as an economist I would be doing a lot of writing.
Math/statistics for obvious reasons, but I've already filled all my math requirements (besides one stats class) and idk if I want to devote that much more towards higher level math.
Political science seems to go hand in hand with economics.
Physics because I liked it in high school.

What do you all suggest?
>>
The only thing that matters is that you graduate with as little debt as possible

Don't fall for the top school meme. It's just a way to get people to over pay
>>
>>1384393
College advice belongs in >>>/adv/

Also, congrats on getting into a shitty school
>>
>>1384397
I have a good merit scholarship and my parents are paying the difference
>>
>>1384399
my bad, thanks
>>
File: 1463530030639.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463530030639.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>1384393
as an econ major you will be doing lots of writing.. and also politics is involved heavily in economics. you will need to be able to write well to get your papers peer reviewed.. also you will need knowledge of politics to advise the country on stuff like how welfare money should be spent, how our infrastructure should be repaired, etc..

other than that, you might want to consider a degree in philosophy to examine the moral repercussions of the economic advice you give to the academic world, state, and public at large. then again, you could go upton-sinclar style and get a degree in journalism to kind of give your writing a double-punch: i.e. i've mucked up this info about how company x or y is exploiting their workers and then segue into how that justifies some economic policy (higher minimum wage, higher corporate taxes, more taxes on rich..)

then again you could take the dual major in physics, since you mentioned you liked it, and then maybe land a job at tesla. they could use someone with a macro-economic bird's eye view of the future of the economy to help them detect market tendencies and prepare adequately for the future.

pic related, it's you. or at least the avatar on your bio page of the blog you're going to start when you're 34 and unemployed.
>>
Just graduate early. Double majors are memes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.