[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I am a programmer at a vending machine company. Me and my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 310.jpg (30KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
310.jpg
30KB, 600x646px
So I am a programmer at a vending machine company. Me and my friend applied for a project 6 months ago. Project is a software for vending machines. They told us that the project should've been finished 2 years ago, it is their last chance. Project deadline was 1st of July, machine shipments arranged for 18th of July. We couldn't finish the software in time as there were unexpected modifications, other coworker just finished sequences on 11th of July instead of June, there are still no translations etc. The thing is that the company's future depends on this project, we should finish it by tomorrow otherwise 15 people will lose their jobs along with us. Software was working fairly ok, yesterday we updated its settings and everything else in it (final modifications). We are going on a holiday roght now (which was planned and paid many months ago, we didn't want to lose our money we spent on it) and we got informed that the software doesn't start with the latest settings so they can't ship machines this way which means the company loses around 600.000€ (they must pay this in case of breach of contract) and it likely goes bankrupt after that. The problem is that I can not really help tomorrow from this far, everybody lost their mind, I just feel bad as fuck. Everything is on us right now, I just don't know how to take it if we fail (we most likely will). Any advices on what can I do to at least do not want to kill myself?
>>
>>1384151

>shit doesnt work
>im going on vacation
>feel sorry for me

i hope you end up homeless faggot. its a fucking vending machine plz tell me more how you havent dicked off for the last 6 moths.
>>
>>1384158
We got the finished sequences last day, without testing it likely won't work. We have tomorrow, if I'd be there I couldn't do more, why would I cancel a 2000€ vacation if it doesn't help? If the deadline would be e.g. 24th of July I would've cancelled it, but right now we'd just lose more money as we can't make it tomorrow (not in the office either)
>>
>>1384158
Guess you missed the part where somebody else dicked around for 2 years before OP got involved.

I've been on a project that was years late before I came on board and the employer, after tying my hands for 6 months, had a shit fit over the lack of progress. It's not a fun place to be, especially when you need the paychecks to keep coming in.

I also see OP was held up waiting for others and encountered "unexpected modifications" which is often code for "the business area is fickle and lied on the spec."

If OP really tried, how can we blame him? Missing his vacation is not going to do a damned thing to help the situation. He needs to detach from the situation and realize there's plenty of blame to go around at the company.
>>
>>1384151
>>1384170
Hire an army of russians/indians.
>>
I wouldn't worry too much about this job. If they allowed it to go over by two years, then it was a sinking ship to begin with.

I've seen entire teams fired for missing weekly deadlines

Missing your vacation most likely won't do jack shit to complete the project though

Who is the incompetent in charge of this project and what have they said about this?
>>
Just blame the project leader and look for a new job.
>>
File: 1465051152490.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1465051152490.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>1384151
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw

it's not your fault anon.

there's nothing you can do about it. if you take this to heart, then you will be free of worries. there are companies destined to fail.

life goes on. I hope you forget about the company and enjoy your vacation. Good luck on finding another job and stay strong anon.

there are many people that are in these situations. the ones that are successful get up every time they fall and dust off their pants with some sense of duty and guts.

believe in yourself. believe in being a winner. work hard, but work smarter. in 5-10 years, you become what you believe.

stop being a sad cunt and be a sick cunt mate
>>
Just fucking get a new job
>>
Don't let them put the blame on you anon. A company is more than a single person and it sounds like they were heading down shit creek anyway
>>
File: 4ch1.jpg (54KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
4ch1.jpg
54KB, 324x324px
>>1384151
>They told us that the project should've been finished 2 years ago, it is their last chance.
>Everything is on us right now
This is managements failure.
It's managements job to plan off of this, make sure resources are available, keep things on schedule, exc. going 2 years over the deadline is just abysmal.

Don't kill yourself anon.
Go tell your boss to kill himself instead.
>>
>>1384151
It's not your fault OP, it's management's fault. Also this is literally just a fucking job, it's not life or death. Enjoy your vacation.
>>
>>1384377
>russians/indians
That's probably what put them in the hole they're in.
>>
>>1385035
enjoy your hoiday, spend your money, get a new job - if they've had two years to wort it out and their still making mods to the spec then they're twats.

have a cuba libre for me will yah
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.