[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think indicies are going to crash soon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 4chanBIZ.png (62KB, 559x989px) Image search: [Google]
4chanBIZ.png
62KB, 559x989px
How do you even determine when markets are going to crash? Do we compare the ratio from real GDP growth to National debt or something? Who determines how a crash starts? Does a group of people who are really wealthy start a fuse (i.e sell off) and everyone bandwagons and fear mongers into a recession?

This shit feels like meme magic at the end of the day, can someone please explain this
>>
Its when the wheel start to come off the bus.
>>
>>1382910
No analogies please
>>
File: 1458662033193.jpg (44KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1458662033193.jpg
44KB, 600x476px
>>1382905
There will be a catalyst triggering a panic sell reaction on one index. Since the world indices are interwoven together, this panic reaction will spread on to the other indices.

Now the question is, what could the catalyst be?
>>
>>1382912
It's meme magic mate. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>1382914
Thats what I kinda wonder for the 2007/08 financial crisis, I mean, why did it have to occur *then*? Surely muricans coulda kept piling up debt, but why that specific year? (no tinfoil hat I just wanna know)

>>1382915
oh
>>
>>1382925
Look up the collapse of the US investment bank Lehman Brothers. Also, the US insurance/financial institution AIG. That should clear up what kicked off the panic selling back in 2008/2009.
>>
>>1382905
>How do you even determine when markets are going to crash?

when tv said it and every stupid fucker panic.
>>
>>1383230
Specifically, any link? I googled it and I found some "theguardian" links but we all know any media outlet is full of shit

>>1383242
Do people really go apeshit when they hear something speak from a box
>>
>>1382905
Google business cycle
>>
>>1384309
Well yea... we know it happens but what I wanna know is if the start of the downtrend is cause by something or someone, or maybe meme magic?
>>
>>1382905
what defines soon? they usually peak then drop around this time of the year.
>>
>>1384297

..? You don't know anything about the Lehman crisis? It's a pretty heavy topic if you'd like to get in depth. Go watch some documentaries to get started, and maybe sites like Investopedia has some information. I remember some documentary on YouTube that was an hour long explaining everything

>>1383230
Yeah bruv, but nobody knows when a particular event is going to be 'the' trigger. Just a few months ago people were predicting the Brexit to be the start of a collapse, but markets seem to have stabilized since then.

If someone can accurately predict when the collapse is going to happen, he'd be rich.
>>
VDC was my pick for a med-holding fund. consumer staples
>>
>>1382925
just bear in mind, indices are synthetics, even if they go down, the individual underlying stocks might be fine, go up, etc

so the crash of 2007 - why. watch/read the big short but in general :-
people who had no idea what they were doing sold mortgages to people who didnt know what they were buying and couldnt afford it.

the people that sold the mortgages sold the cash flows to banks and other lenders who packaged it all up into bigger lumps of debt, then sold those on

the banks then also sold insurance ( technically CDS's arent insurance but go with it ) on that debt in the belief that the housing market was golden.

it wasnt

the people who bought the houses suddenly found they couldnt afford them and defaulted.

the people who sold the mortgages went out of business coz no one was buying houses any more

the banks had i) worthless mortgage backed securities on their books which they'd paid billions for ii) had to pay out on the insurance that they'd sold

shit load of people lost their homes
no-one generally knew who actually owed money to home
large numbers of investment companies suddently found that they owed a shitload of money to people which they didnt have coz the thing they owed the money on was worthless.

was in Canary wharf on the Monday in the CitiBank building, watch people I knew walking out of the Lehmans building across the pond with their entire life in the shitter

not a good day

best of luck
>>
>>1385460
I was on 200 West St when the fun ended back in the day. Had the opposite reaction, loved seeing Lehman go because we made a fuck ton from it. Welcome to investment banking lad.
>>
>>1382905

The crash on October 19th 1987 didn't have a catalyst. Everyone had just taken their position and then the stocks fell.

Just like now.
>>
Here is what I think. I may be wrong, I may not be.

>Boomers are most invested in indices
>Boomers are delaying retirement
>When they retire and start pulling out in large enough numbers instead of buying in, or when enough of them kick the bucket and Millennials start pulling out their money, they will hit a critical point and the market panics
>Indices suddenly go from the most stable way of investing in stocks to the least

A pile of rocks is only stable until enough pebbles come loose. Then you have a landslide.
>>
>>1386100
>Here is what I think.

Is your ideas based on anything?

Are you a professional on the subject?

What have you read involving your prediction?

Are all boomers delaying retirement until the exact moment it becomes a crisis using a boomer hivemind that they are all telepathically connected to?
>>
File: dogola.jpg (344KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dogola.jpg
344KB, 1600x1600px
>>1386100
>Implying the price of indices is based on the buying/selling of said indices, and not on the value of the combined value of their underlying stocks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.