[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone of you doing SEO? How easy is it to get ranked high? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1435690279644.gif (232KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1435690279644.gif
232KB, 640x480px
Anyone of you doing SEO? How easy is it to get ranked high? Is there profit in it?
I know a bunch of stuff about it but i never tried actually ranking a site.
>>
have made more then 1 million from doing SEO alone.
Stopped doing SEO in.. 2013 I guess. It got harder and harder and harder to a point where it was simply roulette wether your sites got penalized or not.

Peak for my frustration was a competitor who had written a script that would crawl the web for my backlinks and alert him if it found a new one. I spend all my efforts on finding and creating great backlinks, he spend all his effort on simply finding my backlinks and copying them. (He told me he was doing this, he was even proud of it)

In the end, I got penalized and he did not. My Sites vansihed, his did not. He is making a good 50k/month still.

Hate this game, moved on to paid ads, am doing even better now and sleep better.

Checking google SERPS first thing after opening my eyes had really turned into a neurosis.
>>
>>1382800
Damn, that sounds harsh. I guess you where doing this mainly in America?
In my country, theres next to no competition for niches like psychiatry, ect.
>>
>>1382800

you sound like you know your shit. without giving to much away , any chance you could explain a bit more what exactly you do with paid ads/ how you make them work?
>>
>>1382950
I have done most of my business in germany, austria and switzerland.
I am not saying it is impossible and there is definitly still much money to grab but the work itself is a pain in the ass.
Either you push a few selected websites and work on them for years although knowing the next penalty that could put you out of business may come tomorrow, or next week or never. Not the best feeling in the world, especially if you have to rely on that income.
Or you spam more agressive, knowing that the sites you push will be burned eventually.
I also need to add that I have been out of the serious SEO business for a good 3 years now, all I do is basic SEO, but no more agressive strategies, as I said, I rely on paid advertising now.
If there is little competition for your target keywords, by all means go for it! Worst case is you fail and are back to square one.

>>1382964
No magic involved.
I design websites with a specific sales funnel, the same old thing everybody does, I get the email, deliver great (free) content, get them to love me, then sell them stuff they didn't know they wanted.

I know exactly how much a visitor to my websites is worth, all I need to do is craft and optimize my ads campaings so that they cost me less then the visitor will make me.

Though I already knew all that and already had a well desgined process in place when I started paying for ads. It takes work to set up these things and even more to fine tune everything.

I have been doing this for almost 11 years, starting out now is going to be tough I guess.
>>
>>1383235
Interesting, thank you for your elaborate answer. I'm actually from austria. Guess it wouldn't be worth it then. You'd probably need a mentor or something. Just trying to find an alternative to my 60h/week job that's goin to kill me and my social life sooner or later.
>>
>>1383235
Were by chance a member on Wickedfire, STM, IM Grind, PPV PB etc. one would recognize by his username?
>>
>>1382780
bump for best anime ever
>>
>>1382800
Would you take on some freelance work in a specific niche, outside of your country?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.