[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physical Bullion / General Success

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 400-oz-Gold-Bars-AB-01.jpg (736KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
400-oz-Gold-Bars-AB-01.jpg
736KB, 3000x2000px
Greetings /biz/nazis
>Went to /b/, then /pol/, now you

Recently Ive been getting into buying small quantities of gold silver and copper, wanted to know if this was something Im doing that'll hurt or help me in the long run. I dont earn a lot of money
>24, over satisfied fast food chain slave

I felt this was maybe the best thing I could do to invest in myself

>inb4 sept.26 dollar crash
>inb4 silver is an industrial metal
>inb4 copper sucks and prem is high

Also, because Im a poorfag I guess general success thread as I think my lack of prospects is whats driving me to make small investments
Dont want to go to school because everything moves too fast but have no special skills
>>
physical commodities (gold silver copper oil etc) comprise very often around 25% of the best performing portfolios. rest is usually split through stocks, bonds, etc.

buying gold and silver shouldn't really be thought of as an investment, although they certainly are, and some people are very autistic with how hard they insist that they arent. essentially, holding physical precious metals should be thought of first and foremost as insurance against the (especially in this day and age) insanely fucking crazy financial markets. and capital gains are a cherry on top: if we do see 2008 v2 we will probably see gold and silver go to the moon like they did then.

personally, i dont have any copper, and i'd say silver is a bit of a better buy nowadays, based purely on the fact that it's hovering around what 65:1 with gold? and historical average was 14:1? i'm not sure myself of whether it's a sign of a gigantic change in the market or just evidence of ongoing asset manipulation, but either way, i think silver is a better buy.

tl:dr, help you or hurt you in the long run? absolutely help you, you're on the right path. stay diverse, maybe try your hand at the markets or memecoins if you like. accumulate capital, try to put it to some use.. do something to raise yourself above working at mcdonalds.. you can always go to a community college cheap for some engineering major and be set.
>>
/biz/raelis, just like most boards on 4chan, are not very skilled at their intended topic. You're honestly better asking financial advice in other boards, unfortunately I'm not sure which one would be better for that.

Now, as for gold and silver, right now isn't exactly a good time to buy it. Both are incredible expensive (for recent values) and is unlikely it will go higher. If I have to bet, I would put money on silver because:

- There's a high demand for silver for industrial applications.
- There's a lot of speculation about the real value for silver, as some claim they are being artificially remained cheap.

However, even if the later case is true and not just /x/ babbling, it would take some time to reach the fabled $50+ per ounce. So, if you're planning on making a treasure that would double or triple its value after some decades, yeah, silver and gold is a good investment.

However, in a short term, is unlikely either will be profitable. They will hover around the current prices because there's a lot of fear and doubts after the brexit, and once the rest of the world understands it was fucking nothing (or just adapt to it), then they will drop value back to the average from the previous year. Maybe a bit higher, but definitely not close to the current prices.

Personal advice:

1- Invest on mining companies. Look after those companies working on metals directly related to the electronics. Silver, copper, cobalt, and so on.
2- When the price drops, buy some gold and silver, and hoard it very securely. Don't invest on paper gold or silver, they are literally a scam by selling more titles than what physical gold or silver exists.
3- If there's a general or more than one thread on the /biz/ catalogue, stay away from it. Every single time, when there's hype here, is because some shills have fooled the /biz/raelis into thinking its ponzi scheme is a good and legit invest. Examples: ethereum, trumpcoin, hashocean, etc.
>>
>>1378191
>making a treasure that would double or triple its value after some decades

that's fucking awful investment anon!

1.1^20 ~ 6 not 3, dollar average investment in index funds will not triple your money but take it to the fucking moon in decades.

if you don't triple your money with metals in a couple of years don't even fucking consider it.
>>
Gold is money.

Ask yourself this, would you rather hold gold or US dollars?
>>
>>1378035
>Dont want to go to school because everything moves too fast but have no special skills
do you really want to be a burger flipper for the rest of your life? If you can't go back to school atleast try to get a position in the civil service where you'll be more secure.
>>
>>1378035
you bought copper in bars ? what a waste of space.
>>
I don't know a lot about economics or stocks
but I do know when people are talking about something, its already too late to get on board.

I bought a few hundred ounces of silver in January when prices were at 13.50ish. I bought my last amount a few weeks ago before the Brexit. Buying right now is a terrible idea.
>>
Half a year ago, or so, /biz/ talked a lot about the Islamic State golden dinars. Have anyone heard anything about those recently? Would be bretty baller to own some of those, but I dont want to get v& for supporting terrorists.
>>
>>1381749
>Would be bretty baller to own some of those
it would if it looked good, but last i remember they looked crude.
>>
File: islamic-state-coin_3351547b.jpg (202KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
islamic-state-coin_3351547b.jpg
202KB, 620x387px
>>1381763
I think they look fine? Havent been following it, though, so newer images might show cruder coins.
>>
>>1381771
Dunno, it just looked plain if you compare it to other gold coins.
>>
>>1381802
Ah, well yeah. We can agree on that. I still think having terror-monies in my collection would be cool.
>>
please don't support those towel head fucks.
>>
>>1381771
On the right image, is the little egg thing above Russia the Mecca egg meteorite shit?
>>
>>1383288
the egg is the number five you idiot. 5=٥
the coin represents a five dinar value. dinar is gold, dirham is silver, fils is copper.
>>
>>1381771
Nobody here /mischievous/ enough to import ISIL gold?
>>
>>1383435
It would be an insta-v& as soon as you placed the order
>>
>>1383505
What about buying it from the "poor refugees, see Mr. lawman, I was just helping them find their footing in their new home!"
>>
>>1383283
This x1,000

If you have to get >>1381771 for your collection, wait until ISIS is destroyed or something instead of being greedy, immoral faggots.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.