[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Short Term Job Prospects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (374KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
374KB, 1200x1600px
26 years old and pretty much worked shit jobs my entire life and looking to upgrade. Willing to pursue certifications/skills.

What do you do and enjoy? Anyone have some advice?

Resume:
6 years in army
3 years line cook/grill cook (money is shit, hours are shit)
some college (~90-100 credit hours into a chemistry major, going to finish this when the financial situation is better)

EMS?
Phlebotomy?
Pharmacy Tech?
Construction?

Not afraid to work hard just want to actually get paid for my time and avoid dealing with dumb asses as much as possible (sales isn't my thing) living in a state with a $7.25/hr minimum wage is super cool because they act like paying you $9-10/hr is them doing you a huge favor and you should shut your mouth and be a good boy.

Thnx for any serious replies
>>
>>1377985
>are you me?
bumping for interest
>>
>>1377985
would you recommend military for someone who has no ambition and looking for money/travel?

which branch would you join if you had to do it again
>>
>>1378008

if i had to do it again i wouldnt have joined.

i was in the army and the only thing they taught me was how to fall out of a plane with a parachute on and be surrounded by unmotivated dumbasses all day every day.

if you really want to do it going into SF/Rangers or something like that is the only way to do it and avoid losers who treat the military like a welfare titty
>>
>>1378015
Fuck man I'm getting mixed reviews here
>>
>>1378036

I know your recruiter tells you lots of cool stories but the pay is absolutely abysmal. You probably won't ever travel and they will just stick you in some shit hole like Fayetteville for years.

You will be treated like a child. You will be surrounded by people that act like children. You will become jaded by the complete incompetency of "the world's strongest military". You won't see a single woman who isn't obese or trailer trash for years.
>>
You need to just finish school ASAP. There will be a lot of good jobs available after you have a bachelor degree. You are almost done with your degree and only shit jobs are going to be available for now. Can't you just get a FAFSA loan?
>>
>>1378060

Can't do this. I'll elaborate.

I actually have ~130-140 total hours split between my time before and time after the Army (~90-100 in chem). After the Army I went to a different school in an ROTC program. Came down to signing away another 6 years to the Army and I bailed out/not what I wanted to do/have a stable relationship with girlfriend of 4 years who is still finishing school.

So now FAFSA is being gay because I have too many hours despite having a decent GPA and only owing $25,000.

TLDR I am going to have to pay the rest of my way or get private loans. Totally okay with doing this like you said I am close and I just need to get my money together this year and start knocking out a couple online classes or some shit while I work.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.