[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Credit Card Debt Settlement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: monopoly-bankrupt.jpg (41KB, 619x356px) Image search: [Google]
monopoly-bankrupt.jpg
41KB, 619x356px
Well I really got myself into a fucking pickle.

I've let my credit card debt get out of control. It started off with a balance transfer of around $5k and now the card is maxed at close to $14k.

I've been supporting myself and my finance as she finishes school, and now I'm totally fucked. It's completely my own fault; I just feel like a fucking RETARD for letting myself get into this situation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's Discover; what are my chances of offering a settlement/repayment plan?

Thanks /biz/
>>
>>1377842

You miss a payment yet?
>>
>>1377846
nope. Been paying at least the minimum.
>>
>>1377842
How much do you earn per month?
>>
>>1377851
Approx 2500 take-home
>>
Easy use credit cards to pay off your credit card debt then throw all the money you can to invest in high growth energy stocks. Use profits to pay off debt. Sit pretty
>>
>>1377851

My expenses are probably very close to that, as well. I could afford to pay MAYBE 300/month, and that is REALLY stretching thin.
>>
better than my mom's 70k debt which I help pay now since she never had a real job but I dont understand how that even happened
>>
>>1377855
I don't know enough about the market to take such a risk :-/
>>
>>1377858
Nigga, just purchase your own debt from collectors at a lower rate, haggle with them. Then get a super low payment rate set up and wait till the debt expires in 5 years.
>>
>>1377842
Lose the fiancé.

Problem solved.
>>
>>1377866
Shit, how the fuck do I do that
>>1377872
HA, that actually sounds like a decent plan
>>
Sell the fiance for organs and pay it down with that money.
>>
>>1377900

I appreciate the humor, but honestly, does anyone know anything about settlements?
>>
>>1377902
Yes I do. If you want to settle, you will have to go delinquent on the debt. Once the company is desperate enough, they will take anything they can to cover their losses. This will fuck your credit over, though.
>>
I guess you could take out more credit. Turn it into cash and just declare bankruptcy and learn to live within your means for the next seven years.
>>
>>1377944

Right... why would they settle for less if you're making the payments and demonstrate the capacity to continue doing so?
>>
>>1377863
But... why would you pay it when she can just file bankruptcy
>>
>>1377965
They wouldn't. That's why you don't pay
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.