[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Factory Prisons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: factory-18.jpg (235KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
factory-18.jpg
235KB, 600x450px
I had an Idea for a business I wanted to eventually start, but I wanted to make sure the idea was legal first.

Essentially, the idea is to create a private prison that also acted as a factory, with the inmates doing most if not all of the work.

Are there any problems with this idea, and if so what?
>>
Dont prisoners already do this?
>>
>>1377138
I don't think they do in the United States, I'll have to look that up. Thanks for pointing this out.
>>
>>1377138
yes>
>1377142
>don't think they do in the United States
wrong

http://www.unicor.gov/index.aspx
>>
>>1377142
they do, the company corcraft is operated by the NYS department of corrections and uses inmate labor to produce furniture for schools and government offices around the state, among other things.
>>
>>1377153
>>1377158
Well, shit. I guess this thread is completely pointless. Sorry for wasting your time.
>>
>>1377158
>the prison industrial complex is actually real

Well, holy shit.
>>
As others have posted, this has been done before by multiple prisons. What more, in a lot of cases you can keep the profits from their work yourself, and get a payment from the state to pay the workers because you are keeping them busy. The pay you give the workers will probably be less than $1 an hour.
>>
>>1377166
>They actually pay the workers.

I'm even more surprised.

Is it possible this system could slowly reduce our dependence on Chinese imports? Or is this already happening as well?
>>
>>1377171

>reduce our dependence on Chinese imports

Hahah fuck no. The chinese work in prison like conditions, but they also work much longer hours and there are much more of them. Plus in America we have prisoner advocacy groups so if someone were to die doing something unsafe that would eventually get to them and they would get the place shutdown for a while. If some chinese orphans die that just means someone gets more room in their work bunk tonight.
>>
>>1377171
Not unless you are willing to imprison an incredible amount of people and then put them to work.
Inmates aren't a large section of the population and any impact a potential "factory" would be minimal. You also can't trust the employed prisoners because they are fucking prisoners.
Also, I don't think human rights organizations would take too kindly to this. Prison is already a living hell.
That would be logically the next step to a dictatorship, to put the imprisoned to work.
>>
>>1377192

Since OP didn't know, and some other readers might not, they should read up on fucking Angola in Louisiana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_State_Penitentiary

This place is probably the worst prison to be at in America. Do you like working on a literally plantation where you pick vegetables all day? How about sexual slavery to where even a past warden was like "Yeah it happens all the time"
>>
>>1377162
who do you think made your license plates?
>>
>>1377135

This already exists. Many prisons have work programs.
>>
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/cca-private-prisons-corrections-corporation-inmates-investigation-bauer

When I call Winn Correctional Center in Winnfield, Louisiana, the HR lady who answers is chipper and has a smoky Southern voice. "I should tell you upfront that the job only pays $9 an hour, but the prison is in the middle of a national forest. Do you like to hunt and fish?"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.