[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stock Tracking Software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: giphy[1].gif (3MB, 556x242px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
3MB, 556x242px
As a side project, I decided to start writing a stock tracking program in Java. My goal is to try to make something that can catch memestock explosions and gradual increases in value as they start to happen.

As the program stands currently, I can add in an arbitrary number of stocks, the software will check their value/volume/etc at intervals, and record changes. My general idea is this:

>check stocks for triggers
>when a stock gets noticed (from a sudden increase in price over fifteen or so seconds, for example), 'buy' the stock and set a moving stop-loss that stays a bit underneath the maximum observed value
>if the stock dips down below the stop-loss 'sell' it
>???
>profit

It would just be a simulation, since I wouldn't have enough money to really day trade even if it ends up working, but still. It could be used as an alert for meme-explosions.

Help me figure out what indicators it should look for and I'll share the program if it works.
>>
>>1377104
Nobody knows which indicators to look for. If someone found out, then they'd be filthy rich and they certainly wouldn't share.
>>
>be shit at programming
>be shit with finance
>be generally shit as a whole

>>b-b-but im the idea guy!

You're literally useless and essentially human garbage. Stock up on knee pads and never make a thread again.
>>
>>1377104
you already have an indicator. unusual stock movement / volatility. Remember that you have to win 51% of the time minimum. Most of your work will be in fine tuning and debugging.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (90KB, 670x548px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
90KB, 670x548px
>>1377131
Uh huh. Sure.

>>1377119
I understand that there aren't guaranteed indicators, but I still think that it'd be possible to capitalize on the memes /biz/ shills if software could monitor them to weed out the shitty ones. Imagine what could have happened if a program like this had been trading MGT over the past few months.

>>1377139
Alright, guess I'll stick with that one for the time being.
>>
>>1377119

Exactly this.

I'll give you all a hint. Learn integrals, or better yet, go all the way thru calc 3 and you'll learn the "magic".
>>
>>1377154

That is absolutely disgusting. Pajeet tier levels of clutter, needless syntax, and indentation.

Kill yourself posthaste.
>>
>>1377154
How to capitalize on /biz/ memes:
don't be retarded, don't listen to /biz/ memes, just be a smart investor.

If you truly insist upon capitalizing, then START the next /biz/ meme.
>>
>>1377154
He's completely right.
Learn either one.
Programming and finance are two very difficult and different fields.
Just because you had an idea one day doesn't mean jack shit if you yourself can't do it. No one runs a business that buys ideas for a reason.
>>
>>1377168
Listen to /biz memes. Why? because they move. Just don't listen to some retarded analisys and choose entry/exit point wisely.
>>
>>1377179
when listening to /biz/ memes, I just don't see the potential returns outweighing the risk.
>>
> don't listen to /biz/ memes

Yea, that's why I made about 2000$usd from MGT and a cool 750$usd (so far) from trumpcoin.

Shit, I've even made about 100$ from PutinCoin.

Just wait for TrumpCoin next week, it's gonna be slick.
>>
>>1377169
I'm a programmer. I can implement any idea - I was curious what /biz/ would recommend looking for.
>>
>>1377202

You may get better results asking on the discord channel
>>
>>1377210
I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.