[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to uni and get a bachelors degree in real estate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: res.jpg (389KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
res.jpg
389KB, 1000x1000px
Should I go to uni and get a bachelors degree in real estate? Tons of rich people that ive seen all have got it from real estate. It was either uni for that or to be in exercise science/nutritionist. Thoughts?
>>
>>1375518
>s of rich people that ive seen all have got it from real estate. It was either uni for that or to be in exercise science/nutritionist. Thoughts?

What city are you in?

If you grab real-estate in a city like Vancouver/Toronto then that is a no brainer. You can live for a year off the commission of a single house sold.

I'm going to go for that degree myself after studying mechanical engineering. Going where the money is.
>>
>>1375532
tennessee
>>
Do you have a specific career path in mind? I ask because I am in real estate but my gut instinct tells me it would be better to get a degree in something else that is related to the area of real estate or the job within real estate that interests you and learn real estate on the side. Depending on what you are like economics, accounting, finance, tax, psychology/financial psychology, construction management, construction related engineering (If this exists? I'd say being an architect is too involved although architects obviously can transition very easily into expert roles within real estate functions.) even a law degree with an intent to specialize in real estate law

I would look really hard at what the supposed career paths are with a real estate major and just consider if you might be better served majoring in something else and applying that. Real estate has tons of niches involving a wide variety of skill sets and I don't know how useful a real estate degree itself would be compared to the above. I could be wrong though, just speaking from my experience in my area of the business where I never deal with people who majored in real estate. Not that I would look down on it, I just don't know much about it and it seems that general real estate concepts are easy enough to pick up through self study or side study if you are really interested
>>
>>1375518
Real Estate major here. Think of it this way, real estate will never go out of business.

Its an oddly specific major, yes. But at least at my university, I have employers looking for real estate majors constantly. Go for it if its truly your passion. If youre in it just to make money, do finance and minor in real estate or something.
>>
>>1375551

Ok i just read your post again... wasn't aware they offer a bachelor's in real estate in the US. See if you can just get a certificate. This will only require ~3 months of study, only cost about $1000, while opening the door to making lots of money. Minimum investment for a large rate of return. Of course, a certificate will be limited to the state you are in, I assume.

Also, location matters for real estate and even for science/nutritionist. For real estate, you want to be where housing is the most expensive, think san francisco, LA, new york, washington DC, portland. As a nutritionist, you want to be where your services are valued, AKA where the fit people are: ie. California, Colorado.
>>
>>1375897
I work for a commercial real estate company in Portland, OR right now. I was a finance major and it worked for me well. I would suggest either majoring in finance or accounting. even for real estate majors, there's a shit load that you will only be able to learn when your actually working for a company. Why not study accounting for 4 years and then work for a real estate company. Guarantee you will learn more of what actually matters in the first year of working for the company than 4 years studying how properties are valued in a classroom.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.