[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got hit by a car while on my motorycle, not my fault, I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Concentrate.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Concentrate.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
I got hit by a car while on my motorycle, not my fault, I have admittnce of guilt through text messages. Full incrimination on the dudes part. I did not call the police, we exchanged info and i thought it would be a regular process. This was a month ago and I find out today from laywers that he is not cooperating. I call him and he nervously tells me he does not have insurance. I am missing work opportunities and used up some funds while taking work off, what the hell do I do? What are my options?
>>
idk
>>
You have to eat his weiner
>>
>>1375480
You can't do shit unless your insurance company wants to sue him. This is what "Uninsured Motorist Coverage" is expressly for.
>>
You have your lawyer sue him.
>>
>>1375480
>I did not call the police

This is where you fucked up big time

Always call the police after an accident that isn't your fault.

You have virtually no case right now because of this and you might as well just let it go and move on.
>>
>>1375624
^ The guy who you hit

Just sue him
>>
>>1375624
>Always call the police after an accident that isn't your fault.
>
>You have virtually no case right now because of this and you might as well just let it go and move on.
Um, it's not the job of the police to determine civil liability, nor do they usually make at-fault assessments unless they witnessed the accident or have otherwise credible non-testimonial evidence. In other words, calling the police wouldn't have done shit, dumbass.
>>
>>1375640

Oh look, it's the resident shitposter without his trip on. You can always tell by the huh and um, followed by stating the obvious and making a retarded assumption, and the token insult

The police report is proof of the incidence taking place and OP not being at fault

>He hit me
>Do you have any proof
>I have these text messages
>The guy said you were equally at fault for it too.
>Why did you not report this to the police if you were going to sue him anyway?
>>
OP, here's what you should do:

1. Call YOUR insurance company. You should have already done this weeks ago, and hopefully the passage of time will not impair your options.

2. Tell your insurance company that you want to report an accident and that you want to understand your options, but that you're NOT making a claim until you know your choices.

3. One option should be that your insurance company will pay you under your uninsured/underinsured policy provision. This provision may have limits, though, so ask for the details. Also ask whether accepting a payment under this provision means you will be transferring your claim against the car driver.

4. If accepting the insurance payment means giving up your claim against the car driver, then you have a choice to make: take the insurance check, or sue the car driver on your own. You MIGHT get more money by suing on your own, but you'll bear the time, expense, and risk.

5. If taking the insurance payment lets you keep the claim against the car driver, then its a no brainer once you confirm that it'll be logged as a "no fault" claim. Take the check, and if you have substantial uncompensated injuries remaining, then you can look into a lawsuit.

>>1375646
>I have these text messages
>>The guy said you were equally at fault for it too.
The officer responding to the accident has a time machine and can read text message that won't be sent until the future? Wew lad.

Oh, and stfu faggot. Adults are talking here.
>>
>>1375655
>The officer responding to the accident has a time machine and can read text message that won't be sent until the future? Wew lad.

You are literally illiterate
>>
>>1375660
>2016
>being this asspained
Thanks for your contributions to the thread, skippy.
>>
> Did not call the police

> Did not immediately call a lawyer

Ya blew it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.