[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firing an Employee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 58647127.jpg (127KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
58647127.jpg
127KB, 400x400px
>Successful business, garbage secretary
>I'll be here for a few years, tops!"
>One decade later
>Makes double what other secretaries make because of "seniority"
>Ignores phone calls
>Doesn't do her job and pushes all of the work to other secretary
>Literally fakes paperwork do get out of doing it
>Deal with garbage for years because she'll create trouble
>Economy happens
>Business losing money
>Making cuts all over
>Can't cut her because frivolous lawsuits
>Need to fire because money and justified

Anyone here know how to cover your ass legally when you fire a disgruntled employee?
>>
>>1375035
You forgot to mention where you live/this happens. However, if you have proof for everything you stated above, she's already fired, you just need to tell her.

Oh wait, did you just got annoyed for years but never took any action? then you're screwed...
>>
>>1375035
Firing isn't enough
She has to go
>>
As far as HR law goes....

Document poor performance, have meetings with her about it. Then have her sign a piece of paper acknowledging a detriment in performance.

Just keep doing this for her failings. After a handful, you can easily fire her.

Also you can keep cutting her hours or treat her like shit until she quits.

I hate employees like you described so fuck her.
>>
K also you can hire a temp to be her boss that'll fuck her up. Especially someone hot, young, and pushy
>>
>>1375210

Lol this.

Sadly, it's safer to chase off a shit employee than give them a proper dismissal.
>>
Agree with most of this.

1 - have you documented any poor performance?
1a - if so, do it again and then put her on 60 day probation with a huge performance remediation plan that will be next to impossible to complete. Once you have done this, go to item 2
1b - if not begin now, with a shorter remediation plan to follow that includes weekly reviews. Once you have done this, go to item 1a

2 - review her performance and note every missed call, missed typo, etc.

3 - tell her she can resign with 15 or 30 day severence or you can fire her, her choice.
>>
>>1375247
I was going to agree with the other anon who posted but they left out the performance improvement plan. Also if she does something bad do progressive discipline.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.