[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vintage coins and bills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: liberty-double-eagle_13.jpg (510KB, 2200x1413px) Image search: [Google]
liberty-double-eagle_13.jpg
510KB, 2200x1413px
Any coin collectors in here? Could you give me a link which teaches me how to git gud at finding rare coins, especially non-US coins? I have a whole batch of romanian, polish, russian, england, spain coins but no idea how much they're worth.

Also how do I recognize if they're the real thing?
>>
Avid and long time coin collect here. I have been collecting coins for over 60 years since I received my first rare coin from my grandfather when I was 5. The only way to become a true master coin collector is the get actual first hand experience with the coins. The only person you can trust is yourself in the coin trading world is yourself because coin traders are notorious for giving bad deals on coins. The most important 3 rules for coin collecting at the three T's. Ting - the sound coins make when hit against a hard surface. Taste - this one is self explanatory. Touch
>>
>>1370943
65 year old anon. how the fuck do you put up with us
>>
>>1370921
Op whatever you do don't polish or clean them
>I have a whole batch of romanian, polish, russian, england, spain coins but no idea how much they're worth.
Just look up the coin (or recognizable features if you don't know what kind of coin it is) on google. There are a ton of websites that index that sort of thing.
The dates and mint are really important so find a magnifying glass. And should also be easy to find info on either common signs of counterfeit or legitimacy for that particular coin.
That will give you a general idea of the worth and rarity, obviously ebay will give you a more precise answer once you know what the coin is.

>>1370943
>Taste - this one is self explanatory
kek thought you meant literally taste it for a second

How do you avoid getting ripped off? I'm afraid if I go to a coin store without anything in mind they'll take me for chump. And for buying is an established coin store going to be better than a Cash4Gold type place?
I've only bought bullion off the internet.
>>
I have multiple friends with all sorts of coins. One of them has an american Liberty coin, but I know a huge amount of people who own them as well so it's hard to tell if it's genuine or not.
>>
I went to a coinstar and it found me one Canadian 25-cent piece and three pennies from 1940. How to retire?
>>
>>1370921
maybe hire in an coin trade if you think you learned enough leave and start your own buissnes
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.