[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

inheritance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Teesdale.png (130KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Teesdale.png
130KB, 360x270px
I've just inherited £200,000. A wealthy aunt passed away and left me and my mum and sister her money.
I have no idea what to do with it. I want to invest it for my wife and kids, but honestly have no idea what to do with it.
I've always been quite poor. Shopping for clothes at 2nd hand shops and sometimes going hungry so my kids are always fed.

I'm a farmer. My wife is a police officer. So we don't earn a good amount. It's enough to live. I grow wheat and farm sheep for wool.

I seek advice. What should I invest in? I have no clue. I want my family to be well and secure.The money is in my bank account, but I want to invest it in something.
Please give advice.
>>
I'm about to inherit 250k. My plan is:

25% VTSMX
26% VYM
24% VGTSX
17% VBMFX
8% VTIBX

Feel free to do research, but those four will give you a nice diversity of Nation/international and stock/bond.

Whatever you do, don't let the shitheads here convince you to put it into garbage like Etherium.
>>
I'd Suggest buying a property near you and renting it out. One which you could buy, and do a bit of work to to increase its value and rental income would work well. Best of luck, from a fellow farmer!
>>
>>1369800
>grow wheat and farm sheep for wool
That can't get you much at all. Perhaps you could use this money to diversify your farm away from these and grow cash crops too?

If you'd rather not bother with that, why not just invest the money in a FTSE tracker fund on hl.co.uk or on fundingcircle.com? The tracker fund will vary in price but give you about 3-4% return per year in dividends. Fundingcircle involved lending money to small and medium sized business. I'm returning 8.2% on it since signing up two years ago.
>>
>>1369802
These are meaningless letters to a humble Britbong.
>>1369803
Property is good. I'm looking to buy a house soon. Cash buyers always welcomed, but might be worth waiting for some panic on the housing market. It's horribly expensive at present.
>>
>>1369820
All they are names of Vanguard funds.

VTSMX is a fund encompassing all of the US stock marke
VYM is a fund with mostly mid-large companies that givr healthy dividends
VGTSX is like the first one, but for Internationsl stocks
VBMFX is for US Bonds
VTIBX is for international Bonds

Placing your money in these ensures you are not over placed in any one item. It also makes it likely that you won't lose like half your money in two months. The VYM is the only one that's a little less conventional, and I only like it because it was a fund I found back when I was a poorfag in 2008 and have really enjoyed the stability it has provided.
>>
File: pint.jpg (46KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
pint.jpg
46KB, 620x387px
>>1369810
I'll buy you a pint if you find yourself in England.
A good beer is £2:20 at my local. It's fucking cheap.
>>1369802
Thanks. I'll research. I was thinking of silver as the price of gold jumps about. I own property and it holds its price. But I don't know what to do with this money. My priorities are to my family, so I've taken ten grand out to make sure they're well. I got our home properly wind proofed and had a new kitchen and bathroom installed. There's a bit of work that needs to be done on the roof.
>>
>>1369831
They're not that easy to buy here from my experience. I did try. As an American I would definitely go down this path though. Very low cost. Perfect diversification.
>>
>>1369939

I wasn't aware Vanguard was difficult to buy Internationally. What causes the problem?
>>
>>1369800
For fucks sake man, don't leave the decision of how to invest your inheritance to 4chan. With that kind if cash you can afford to - and should - buy a few hours of an independent financial advisors time.

You'll want a portfolio suitable to your situation and needs. For example cash and investments earmarked for when your kids turn 18. Money for your retirement. Emergency fund. A mixture of safe bets and riskier high-yield investments. Some instant access cash and some locked away for 5/10+ years in bonds. And so on.

To repeat, 4chan is the last place you should ask for advice, most of the posters here are NEETs who once watched Wolf of Wall Street and will tell you to buy £200000 of Trumpcoins. Seek professional advice.
>>
>>1370132
Meeting with a financial adviser is an ok idea, but actually letting one invest for you via mutual funds is retarded.

Do your research, figure out what you want, and then do it yourself. So long as you don't do anything retarded you will likely be at the mercy of the market just as much as anyone else.
>>
>>1370145
>Meeting with a financial adviser is an ok idea, but actually letting one invest for you via mutual funds is retarded.
This Desu, most just take a massive cut of any profits in the form of fees. Always look at the MER of any fund. Anything above 1.5 percent is for chumps.
>>
I'd go get financially advised instead of asking random people on 4chan if you actually want to keep this wealth around. That's a damn good jump start on a retirement find and already more than most people will have ever saved up. You have to do due diligence though and make sure you don't invest in anything that will fee the shit out of you.

You have a great opportunity to set you and your familys future up very nicely. Don't piss it away.
>>
>>1370166
1.5% is still too high especially with returns being uncertain. If you only make an average return of 5% per year you are barely beating inflation.
>>
>>1369802
Why did you pick VGTSX and VBMFX? Returns on a 5 year scale are abismal...
>>
Invest in a Dodge Charger and a kilo of blow
>>
>>1369800
>YOU WILL NEVER INHERIT MONEY OUT OF NOWHERE
>MAYBE SOME DEBTS

tell me why
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.